Join Tsunamy on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailLiberiaHannah is 31 years old, and is married with two children aged 5 and 14. Both of her children are in school while living at home. She went to school up to 12th grade and is ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesKenyaRuth is 57 years old. She is married and blessed with six children, all above age 18. She has had a clothes business for over thirty years and earns a minimum income of KES...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesTajikistanThe woman in this photo is Mostra. She was born in 1954 into a worker's family.
Mostra is married and is a loving mother of three children. She is hardworking an...Read their story >
- AgricultureKosovoFerat is married and has 4 children. He is 56 years old and cultivates fruits in his land to make a living. He plants apples and pears which he sells in the market all over...Read their story >
- RetailColombiaErnestina is the head of her household. She is single and 61 years old. She finished high school and learned to be a secretary. She has five children, three of whom are sti...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tsunamy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,628 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.