Mahmadullo is studying at National Univer...Read their story >
Join Tsunamy on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Higher education costsTajikistanThe man in this photo is Mahmadullo. He is a very kind and responsible man. He is unmarried and lives with his parents.
Mahmadullo is studying at National Univer...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- General StorePakistanStruck by poverty, Asia is trying her level best to give her six children the best life possible. All of her children are studying in school. Living in a rural area of Gujr...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Motorcycle TransportSierra LeoneSuliaman is a 30-year-old man living in the western region of Sierra Leone, near Grass Field Branch.
Suliaman has been running this business for 20 years now an...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Sierra Leone
- Motorcycle TransportCambodiaHeum was born in 1954 and she lives in the Somrong Torng District, Kompong Spue Province. She and her husband have been farmers for 30 years now. Heum has 5 children.
Read their story >Funding via MAXIMA Microfinance
- General StoreColombiaCesar is just 21 years old and lives in the municipality of Valencia. At his young age he has already accomplished a lot. He has 2 businesses that he manages: a store an...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Tsunamy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,620 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.