<...Read their story >
Join Tricia@SweeterThanSweets on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingPeruThe member belongs to the communal bank Lideres de Tunquichaca. The bank is located in the district of Echarate, province of La Convencion, and department of Cusco.
<...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- CattleEcuadorHernan is 36 years old, single, and lives with his mother and his two daughters. He is a hardworking and responsible man who raises and sells livestock so that he can supp...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- General StoreKenyaMercy is a married woman, and she has five children. She describes herself to be God-fearing.
She operates a retail business where she sells sugar, bread, flour...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Food MarketIndiaMunovarabi, 35, is a resident of the Alirajpur district of Madhya Pradesh. Her household consists of four members, including her husband and two children.
From h...Read their story >Funding via Milaap
- AgricultureTajikistanThis friendly and cheerful woman is called Bubikhol. She was born and raised in the Yavan district of Tajikistan. She is a loving wife and the caring mother of five child...Read their story >Funding via Humo
Kiva lenders, like Tricia@SweeterThanSweets, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,173 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.