Join Tricia@SweeterThanSweets on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)Pictured above are Tin, Htay, Myint, and Kyi from Hpa Yar Gyi Kone (C) village group. This village group is in Pyapon Township, and there are 187 households in the village....Read their story >
- FoodNicaraguaEsther is a group formed by three empowered and hard-working women. Rosa is the group's coordinator and she is 57 years old. For the past 6 years, she has earned a living b...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPakistanShamim is a 46-year-old woman, and a mother of three children. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband is a fruit seller by profession. He sells fruits such as apple...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesLebanonFatima is a 26-year-old, single lady, who has been working as a tutor for the last four years. She is working hard to improve and develop her living, especially through est...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesArmeniaSamvel is 39 years old and lives in Ddmashen village in the Gegharkunik region. He is married and the father of two school-aged sons. His wife is unemployed but tries to he...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tricia@SweeterThanSweets, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,998 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.