Join Kai on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesJenayda is a married woman from Calape, Bohol. She is 34 years old and earns a living by running a sari-sari (variety) store business to help her husband with their basic n...Read their story >
- Used ClothingLiberiaCatherine is a 36-year-old married woman with four children aged between seven and 20. Two children live at home while attending school.
Catherine is involved i...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaChroep’s group live in a rural village in Kandal province in Cambodia. Chroep makes a living cultivating rice and she also does extra work as seller to support her family. ...Read their story >
- Higher education costsPalestineFathi, who appears in the photo, is a 20-year-old from Gaza Strip. He is studying Pharmacy at the local university, and he is studying hard. He dreams of finishing universi...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorCarlos is 24 years old and studied until the sixth grade. He is currently single and lives with his parents who help with the expenses of the house.
Carlos has b...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kai, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,889 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.