Join TorontoBabel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketHondurasAntonio is 63-years old. He is married and lives with his wife and son. He has his own house and has worked for several years selling grocery store items, selling soft drin...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaHalidu is a maize farmer from Makwalla village. Halidu is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous input loan, ...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- PigsColombiaFiladelfo is 34 years old and makes a living from pig farming. For the first time in his life he is requesting a loan from a financial institution which is prepared to help...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingEcuadorLuis is going to start a new crop. He was very thankful for the help with the previous loan. Luis continues to live in his parents' house. He is very thankful for their sup...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa de Ahorro y Crédito Mujeres Unidas (CACMU)
- FarmingSamoaKorina is a 40-year-old, married woman with four children. She has a small plantation and grows taro to earn a living. She has been doing this for three years.
...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
Kiva lenders, like TorontoBabel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,928 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.