Join TorontoBabel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureKenyaZacheus is a married man. He has 2 children. He describes himself to be loyal. He operates a farm where he grows bananas. He has been involved in this business for 18 years...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaAt 35 years of age, Ho is married and lives with her husband in Tbaung Khmum province. She has four children; only one of them is in school.
Ho is growing cassa...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaBadamasi, who resides in Kofar Fada village, is a Babban Gona maize farmer who manages a 0.6-hectare maize farm, through which he supports his family.
Luckily, a...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaEmmanuel is a married man. He has 2 children. He describes himself to be committed.
He operates a retail business where he sells cabbages. He has been involved ...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanThis energetic woman has the beautiful name of Dilnoza. She is 30 years old and unmarried.
Dilnoza deals with farming and animal husbandry. She has been working ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like TorontoBabel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,417 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.