Join TorontoBabel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaSunusi is a Babban Gona maize farmer. He is a hardworking married man with 13 children. His youngest children are Nafisa and Habiba, whom he hopes grow up to be doctors.
Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- FarmingNigeriaSani is a Babban Gona maize farmer. He is married with 3 children. He is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and resources in his farm. He hopes his children work twi...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- AgricultureArmeniaMeet Karo, who is a 29 years old farmer from Zovashen village. He has been into farming long enough to know the finest details on successful agriculture. Karo lives with hi...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesAs a parent of one child, Mira works hard to support her family.
Mira has a food vending business in the Philippines and earns additional income from direct sal...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Charcoal SalesPhilippinesTeodora is 57 years old, married, and has five children, one of whom attends school. She works very hard to provide for them. She sells charcoal in the Philippines, which s...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like TorontoBabel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,033 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.