Lianna is a 32-year-old farmer from Ararat region. Despite her young age, she has been into agriculture for more thank a decade. Lianna is a ...Read their story >
Join TorontoBabel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingArmeniaGet to know Lianna!
Lianna is a 32-year-old farmer from Ararat region. Despite her young age, she has been into agriculture for more thank a decade. Lianna is a ...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Food StallEcuadorAura is 58 years old. She is married and has two daughters who are 25 and 22 years old. She lives with her daughters, 2 grandchildren and her husband in Cojimies. The wa...Read their story >Funding via Fundación ESPOIR
- PigsPhilippinesLourdes is 45 years old, and has five children. Lourdes is married, and her two children are currently in school.
Lourdes is in the agricultural business, raisin...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- FarmingNigeriaHussaini, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Yalwa village. Hussaini is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- FarmingBoliviaOctavia is a humble woman. She is 58 years old and married. She studied through elementary school and lives in her own house, which is of rustic architecture and made of lo...Read their story >Funding via CIDRE
Kiva lenders, like TorontoBabel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,137 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.