Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TaxiHondurasSantos live in Tegucigalpa, the capital of Honduras. He lives with his wife. He devotes himself to the taxi business. He has two vehicles. He works with one himself, an...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanNoreen is 27 years old and is from Gujrat, Pakistan. She is a hardworking mother of two young children. She is working hard to ensure a good life for them. Her husband’s in...Read their story >
- RetailCongo (Dem. Rep.)Delphin started his business in 1997. At first he began by selling coffee and later started a business selling a variety of products. He likes the latter as it works better...Read their story >
- RetailLiberiaRegina is 42-year-old and married with 3 children, ages 13 through 25. Two of her children live at home while attending school. She is involved in selling slippers, lappa (...Read their story >
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)This loan group is located in Myay Ni Kone, a village in the delta region of Myanmar. Most of the villagers work as farmers; some engage in fishing and others raise livesto...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,508 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.