Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreTajikistanSoat is 64 years old and married. He is a very hardworking man and has more than 40 year experience in business. He is engaged in the grocery business. Recently, he has had...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- Food MarketPhilippinesGloriosa is a 52-year-old meat vendor at the public market, and has been in business for over 10 years now. In her meat shop she only generates minimal income for her famil...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran (ASKI)
- Fuel/FirewoodKenyaChristine is 45 years old and married. She has ten children. For the past ten years, she has run a retail business selling fire wood. She earns an income of KES 20,000.
Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- Internet CafeEcuadorMaría is 58 years old, and lives in the city of Tulcán. She has spent several years with her business, which consists of offering internet services and cell phone rechargi...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa de Ahorro y Crédito Mujeres Unidas (CACMU)
- General StorePhilippinesTarsisia is a hardworking woman and entrepreneur with five children. She has a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 29,500 loan through NWTF in order to bu...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,790 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.