Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Products SalesColombiaAna is just 23 years old and lives in the municipality of Girardota. She has a little daughter who is only 4 years of age and who means the world to this single mother. Whe...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- RetailPhilippinesCarmelita has been running her convenience store for almost 40 years. She started with a small store, with an initial capital of 2,500 Philippine pesos, which she had in he...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- FarmingKenyaJoyce is 38 years old and has five children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by nine farmers in Chwele District, Kenya.
Joyce has bee...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Personal Housing ExpensesMexicoYamilet is a 32 year old, single mother. She seeks a credit through SGS in order to improve her home. She currently lives with her 12 year old daughter in a house that be...Read their story >Funding via SGS Soluciones Patrimoniales SAPI de CV SOFOM ENR
- TransportationPhilippinesJoel is 43 years old, married with four children. He is from San Jose, Aurora, Zamboanga Del Sur. He earns an income from his transportation business, which involves drivi...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,942 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.