Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorYancarla lives with her family comprised of her life partner and two children, ages 14 and 18. Both young ones are dependent. Her source of income to help with the family e...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Wedding ExpensesTajikistanTursun-zoda city is named in honour of the great writer Mirzo Tursun-zoda. This is a historic city. There are old places of interest, museums, and so on. Our hero is also f...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Higher education costsArmeniaMeet Anush! Anush is a 49-year-old wife and mother of three from Syunik region. Anush is an agronomist as well as her husband. Anush's daughter Zarik is a student. Zarik cu...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Fruits & VegetablesJordanHamzah is aspiring and has spirit. He realized the need to work and improve his family's living conditions. He sought to open a small vegetable store and now wants to impr...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- CattlePakistanShenaz is 46 years old; she is a married woman; shown in the photo with her son. She buys animals (baby goats & calves) at low prices, brings them up and then sells them ...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,558 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.