Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home AppliancesCambodiaBorin’s Group lives in a rural village in Kompong Cham Province in Cambodia. Borin makes a living cultivating rice and he works as a factory worker to support his family. I...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaAminu, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest cement house with his family in Kanakargo village. Aminu is a meticulous farmer who has invested time an...Read their story >
- RestaurantKenyaPaul is 57 years old. He is married and blessed with four children. His business is operating a restaurant, which he has operated for 20 years.
This is his seve...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaIn the Kerugoya area of Kenya, a 38-year-old woman named Monica wakes up early at 4 am to prepare her children for school. When the youngest has finally left for school, Mo...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPresented in the picture above is Mercy. She is a single woman from a rural humble village in the Uasin Gishu county of Kenya, in Eldoret. She is a farmer who mainly focuse...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,589 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.