She and her husband are members of the Egyptian-A...Read their story >
Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesAlbaniaWith this loan, Diana wants to repair the ceiling, pay for electrical installations and also install a window.
She and her husband are members of the Egyptian-A...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Albania
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorMaria is a person who currently lives alone and has no dependents. Maria’s source of income is selling clothing and footwear. She founded her business approximately five ye...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaSokheun was born in 1981. For the past 14 years, she has sold fish. She has one son and one daughter, and they both attend school. Her husband is 33 years old and a motorbi...Read their story >Funding via MAXIMA Microfinance
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorIrene makes her living selling fruits and vegetables. She inherited the trade from her family and has approximately twenty years of experience in the business. Sra. Irene...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- LivestockKyrgyzstanGulzhan successfully paid off her previous loan, having used it as intended. She would like to express her thanks to Kiva and to everyone who helped her financially. She cu...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,697 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.