Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home Products SalesUgandaAbdul is 40 years old and lives in the town of Rukooki in the Kasese region of Uganda. He is married, with three children, all in school. For the past eight years, Abdu...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Uganda
- Clothing SalesZimbabweLilian, a 34 year old woman from the high density suburb of Glen View 1 in Harare, took it upon her shoulder to help to her husband in raising their family. For six years n...Read their story >Funding via Thrive Microfinance ltd
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineSeham is a married woman and a mother of 4 children. She's been living in a poorly built house and wanting to change its doors, windows and furniture so that she can provid...Read their story >Funding via Alibdaa Microfinance
- FarmingEl SalvadorAgustin is 40 years old. He was an orphan. His father abandoned him, and his mother died when he was two. He was raised by an aunt. He has a partner and two children, but o...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Food StallTanzaniaEsther is a married mother of two children who are still in school. She is in her mid forties and she works at her own food stall famously known as "Mama-Lishe" in Swahili....Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania Ltd
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,865 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.