Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- BeveragesColombiaFlor is a 56 year old woman who lives with her children in the city go Bogota. She feels lucky to have been able to change her life and bean entrepreneur today. She used to...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanRukhsana is a 23-year-old woman, living with her family in the area of Gujranwala, Pakistan.
She runs a women's cloth tailoring business at her home. She has be...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaThe beautiful woman presented in the photo is Mary. She is married and lives in Bungoma with her husband and children. Mary is 35 years old. She has been farming for the...Read their story >
- Grocery StorePhilippinesRichard is from Sindangan. He is earning a living with his small grocery store business, supporting his wife, who provides income for their family.
To generate ...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorJosé is 37 years old and lives with his life partner; she makes tamales to sell. They have three children who are students and are minors.
José works in agricul...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,410 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.