Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesTajikistanGulmer is 40 years old. She is very intelligent, active and mischievous woman. She is married and is very happy in her marriage. Gulmer's husband is very responsible perso...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- TailoringPakistanTalat Zuhra is a working woman. She is the mother of three children and lives with her family in a village of Gujrat, Pakistan. She has been providing the service of cloth ...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- SewingPalestineNedaa, who appears in the above photo, is 28 years old and is from the city of Khanyounis in the Gaza Strip. She is a married woman who lives with her husband. Their econom...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Higher education costsTajikistanTursunboy is a 29-year-old man from the city of Dushanbe. He is a positive and purposeful person. Tursunboy married for love, and his beloved wife bore him two beautiful ch...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- AgricultureKyrgyzstanKadyrbek is 54 years old, married, and has 5 children. As a source of income for his family, Kadyrbek works at a school as the assistant manager and furnace stoker at a sch...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,342 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.