Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaHello Kiva community! Caroline is an ambitious lady from the remote village of Kiptere in the Kericho area, which is a luxuriant maize-producing region, in the Rift vall...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaCatarina (the first woman on the right), is 33 years old. She says that she has improved her living conditions, but she is a persevering woman. As she seeks to expand her...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- Fish SellingPhilippinesAs a married mother of seven children, Noleen works hard to support her family. She has a fish vending business in the Philippines. Noleen is borrowing PHP 18,000 through ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- TailoringPakistanSamina is a women entrepreneur and struggling to bring prosperity to her family. She is 26 years old and lives in a small house with 3 family members. She is a skilled wom...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- General StorePhilippinesEdna is a hardworking woman entrepreneur with four children. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 22,000 loan through NWTF in order to buy addit...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,093 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.