Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattlePakistanIt was difficult for Rasheeda to manage her household expenses with her husband’s small income. She is a 54-year-old married woman and a mother of three children. Rasheed...Read their story >
- Phone Use SalesEl SalvadorManuel managed to study through to Grade 9. He is in a relationship and his spouse does housework. They have a daughter who is not yet in school.
Manue...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineMuhammad, who appears in the photo, is a 37 year old from Rafah, Gaza Strip. He is a married man who lives with his wife in a small rented apartment, because their house wa...Read their story >
- TailoringIndiaSantosh is a 39-year-old married woman from a small village in Jaipur district, Rajasthan. She is engaged in a tailoring business. She has a household of 6 members and a mo...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaLendice is 58 years old. She is a widow with two children.
She has had a retail shop business for seven years. She will be using the loan to purchase stock of s...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,998 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.