Claudio has a small grocery store in his...Read their story >
Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorClaudio is married and his children are studying. His wife takes care of the household chores and works raising poultry.
Claudio has a small grocery store in his...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingCambodiaA local farmer, whose name is Teang, is 43 years old and has four children. Two of her children are studying in a local state school of Kandal Stoeng district in Kandal pro...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- Fuel/FirewoodCambodiaPictured on the right, Sreymao, 28, is a married mother of two school-aged children, and she lives in the Kampong Cham province of Cambodia. She and her husband are farmers...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution
- CerealsKenyaHello, Kiva community! Lucina is a smallholder farmer full of dreams and aspirations in her life. She resides in a remote village in the lush hills of Eldoret in the Rift v...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- AgricultureColombiaFor the last 40 years Gustavo has earned a living in agricultural production and he gets up to work every day to tend the land on which he grows crops. He learned to farm t...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,169 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.