Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsKenyaThe nice woman on this picture is Hellen. Hellen, who is 66 years of age, is a smallholder farmer who resides in the beautiful hills of Nandi in the Rift Valley area of Ken...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorPablo lives with his wife and his two children. He went to school up to the sixth grade. His children go to school, and his wife is a merchant. Pablo has a business selling...Read their story >
- BakeryEl SalvadorMaria expresses her gratitude for the financial support she received before because she bought raw materials to improve her bread production and buy a different variety to ...Read their story >
- Electronics SalesUgandaSamson is aged 35 years, married, and resides in Kasese, Uganda. He deals in an electronics business, and this is his fifth year. He also supplements his income with crop f...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesKenyaPamela is 35 years old. She is married with four children.
She has had a charcoal business for 10 years.
She will be using the loan to purchase char...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,184 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.