Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorRosa says that since she used her previous loan selling fruits and vegetables, she has had her business better supplied and can attend to her customers' orders and get the ...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- SewingTajikistanMarziya grew up and lives in Tursun-zoda city. She is divorced from her husband, and raises her son alone. Marziya loved sewing from childhood, and after she grew up and gr...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- TailoringPakistanShazia is a happily married woman. Some years ago, she decided to support her family by starting a business of tailoring at her home as her husband's income was barely enou...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- General StoreSierra LeoneMeet the members of the Masianday Gbawuria Group from Kabala, a town in northern Sierra Leone. They are all local entrepreneurs who have come to SMT, a partner of Kiva, to ...Read their story >Funding via Salone Microfinance Trust (SMT), a partner of ChildFund International
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorMiguel is 27 years old and studied until the 4th grade. He is married and his wife is engaged in housesold chores and growing coffee. They have 2 children of ages 7 and 1 y...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,993 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.