Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaPerus is 39 years old and has five children. She has been a farmer for 13 years and is always said to be a very hardworking individual. Even though Perus is the only one fe...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- LivestockEl SalvadorMaría is 27-years old. With dedication, she was able to go to school until the 9th grade. She is married and her husband is a farmer. She has 4 children who go to school an...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoThis borrower is 40 years old and is in a common law marriage. She works as an administrative assistant for a local government office. She suffers from an illness that is...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- FarmingKenyaBety is 37 years old and has 5 children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 9 farmers in Teso District, Kenya.
Bety has been farming ...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- LivestockEl SalvadorAdán is 59 years old and was never able to attend school beyond the basic level. He is married and has two children.
Adán has worked in agriculture since he was ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,528 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.