Join Sungmin on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesArcel is 41 years old and married with one child. Her husband is an overseas Filipino worker. His salary is her main source of income. She successfully repaid her previous ...Read their story >
- SewingPakistanParveen is a married woman, who lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan with her 3 children. Her husband has been working in huge general store on monthly salary for many years. He i...Read their story >
- General StoreCameroonSul is married and the father of five children. They all live in a seven bedroom house at mbengwi, North West Region of Cameroon.
He joined GHAPE in the year 20...Read their story >
- Timber SalesCongo (Dem. Rep.)Dalas started to sell lumber in 2013 using capital that he had earned from selling his crops. His activity is currently doing well and has become profitable, but he sometim...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaKhiev’s group lives in a rural village in Preah Sihanouk province in Cambodia. Khiev makes a living cultivating rice to support his family. In the village there is no relia...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sungmin, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,605 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.