Join Sungmin on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreMozambiqueCecilia, 44, is a widow and the mother of 6 children, of whom 3 are in school and 3 are grown and are no longer her responsibility. She has a commercial establishment in he...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
- Farm SuppliesKenyaMoses is 51 years old and has eight children. He has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very hardworking individual. Even though Moses is the o...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- CerealsKenyaJoseph (single) has never set foot in any higher learning institution, but he is an accomplished farmer from the Kitale area of Kenya. Therefore, he commands a lot of respe...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Food StallGuatemalaClendida, 32, is married and has two children. She and her family live in a community in Santa Lucía Cotzumalguapa.
She wanted to help her husband cover the hou...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- ConstructionPalestineWahib is a 23-year-old married man with one child. He has worked in construction for eight years and will use the loan to buy wood, iron, and an electric mixer especially f...Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
Kiva lenders, like Sungmin, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,949 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.