Join Sungmin on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- BakeryKenyaJapheth is a happily married man who is 34 years old. He is a proud father of one child and lives in a village in Webuye town. Japheth is a baker by profession and a passio...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- General StorePhilippinesAgripina hails from the town of Talibon, Bohol. She operates a sari-sari (variety) store. She sells commodities like noodles, milk, sugar, seasonings, soap, shampoo, and ...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- CattleArmeniaMeet Hasmik! Hasmik is a 33-year-old farmer from the Syunik region. She has already been farming for 5 years. Hasmik started her farm with personal savings. She's married a...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Home Products SalesLebanonWafaa, a woman who sells detergent and home products from home, is asking for the second time for a 1,543,658 Lebanese pound (LBP) loan from Kiva partner Ibdaa. After t...Read their story >Funding via Ibdaa Microfinance
- FarmingEl SalvadorJose is 32 years old. He went to school up to the fourth grade because of a lack of economic resources. He has a partner, who works taking care of domestic animals. They ha...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Sungmin, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,732 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.