Join Tim on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaRukia is a married woman with six children, two of whom attend school. She owns a house that has neither piped water nor electricity. Her greatest monthly expense is school...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- PoultryColombiaDario is 42 years old and lives in the municipality of Valdivia. He has 3 children with his girlfriend, 2 daughters and 1 son. They are a beautiful family who love and resp...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- DairyKenyaEric is 25 years old, and is married, with 1 child. He has operated a dairy farming business for 4 years. Eric has requested a 30,000 KES loan from VisionFund Kenya to...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- AgricultureHondurasOsman is 51 years old and makes a living in the production of coffee and other agricultural products, but coffee constitutes his principal source of income. He is married a...Read their story >Funding via COCAFCAL
- General StoreKenyaJohn is a Kiva borrower. He has 3 children. He describes himself to be prayerful. He operates a retail business where he sells sugar, bread, soap, flour and other household...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Tim, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,739 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.