Join Tim on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesElvie is 37 years old and married with two children, currently in school, Elvie works very hard to provide for her children. Elvie runs a general store in the Philippine...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Vehicle RepairsPalestineMohammed is a young married man who owns a car washing and car supplies store. He lives in a village around Ramallah that has no similar stores so he's attracting a lot of ...Read their story >Funding via Alibdaa Microfinance
- Food Production/SalesColombiaShe is Maria, a smiling woman and charismatic person with a developed gift for relationships. She is unmarried, but she lives with her partner and 20-year-old daughter in t...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Barber ShopPakistanNighat is 20 years old. Her husband (also shown in the photo) is a barber by profession. He earns a good amount of income to meet family expenses. Over time he has attained...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- FoodNicaraguaFanny, age 38, is a hard-working, dedicated, and steadfast woman. Fanny started her own business seven years ago. She sells natural soft drinks, ice cream, gelatin, ice, ...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
Kiva lenders, like Tim, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,224 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.