Join Tim on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- SewingParaguayThe group “Kuña Pyapy Mbarete” is in the poverty elimination program where all their members are female heads of household who struggle for a better future for their famili...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- FarmingKenyaEunice and her family of eight children live and work on an eight-acre farm in Sigor village in Bomet county, Kenya. She keeps livestock and grows crops for food, such as b...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- FarmingPeruProspero is 56 years old. He is married and lives with his wife in the district of Querecotillo, in the province of Cutervo, in the department of Cajamarca, in Perú. He h...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Animal SalesTajikistanThe Dangara district has very conditions for keeping livestock. Many residents of this district work in livestock. Our borrower is from this district. His name is Holmirzo....Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Food Production/SalesSamoaFaateia, age 37, is a food vendor. She runs a small business preparing such items as pork buns, meat pies, and pancakes, and selling these to members of her community. She ...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
Kiva lenders, like Tim, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,045 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.