Join Tim on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingEl SalvadorLeonel, 44, has been working in agriculture for 26 years. He grows staple grains and also raises pigs. When his harvest is ready, he stores it in sacks as shown in the phot...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Higher education costsParaguayAndrea continues working hard in order to finish her degree in Psychology. Her biggest wish is to become a good professional, useful to other people and to her family. ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- RetailPhilippinesDeodoro is 61 years old and married with five children. For the past ten years she has been a tobacco dealer in the Philippines. She also sells food to supplement her incom...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- General StorePhilippinesYolanda runs a sari-sari (variety) store. She sells a range of goods like snack foods, cooking oil, beverages and canned goods. She is a married woman with one dependen...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- Grocery StorePhilippinesAnalyn is a 35-year-old woman. She is married with no children. She is passionate about working and has succeeded in taking her sari-sari store business forward. She starte...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Tim, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,302 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.