She has had a hog raising business for many years....Read their story >
Join Thea on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesCrispina, 58, is happily married with two school-age children and lives in Oroquieta City, Misamis Occidental.
She has had a hog raising business for many years....Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Clothing SalesParaguaySeñora Oilda is from the town of Santaní. She is married, and has two children for whom she fights to be able to give them a better quality of life so that they do not lac...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Food Production/SalesGuatemalaCandelaria (pictured in the far left) is a 37-year-old women. She is married and has two sons and one daughter. She studied in a primary school in her community. With the e...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- FarmingKenyaSamwel is 58 years old and has seven children. He has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very trustworthy person. Even though Samwel is the onl...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- TaxiGeorgiaYuri is from Rustavi, a small town in Georgia. He is married and lives with his wife. The only source of income for the family is Yuri's small-sized salary that he earns a...Read their story >Funding via Credo
Kiva lenders, like Thea, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,559 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.