Join Tegan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreUgandaWilberforce runs a small store to earn an income. He sells an assortment of retail products in his store, and also runs a mobile money service center and a transport busine...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanFarzona is 32 years old and, unfortunately, a widow. She is a kind, sweet, dynamic, and smart woman who lives with her three children in the city of Vahdat. At first she ...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesTajikistanMuhabbat is a hardworking woman. She was born in 1986. She is married and has two children. Muhabbat’s husband's income is not large. His income is small and that’s why Muh...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorAna had the opportunity to study through high school. She lives with her partner and they have two daughters who are studying in school.
Ana has been working for...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMaurrine is a young, energetic and beautiful smallholder female farmer. Born a rural village in the Nandi Hills region of Kenya, Maurrine has grown up to be a very progress...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tegan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,151 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.