Join Susanne on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesCambodiaChantha is 32 years old, married, and has three children. She and her husband sell meatballs, hot dogs, and sugarcane juice, which they have been doing for 58 months. Rainy...Read their story >
- RetailPakistanRubina is married and the mother of a children. Her husband does scrap work and since his income is not sufficient, she also works hard to make the ends meet.
S...Read their story >
- EmbroideryKosovoLike many women in her community, Rafeta is also involved in handycraft business. She is a 26-year-old woman who over 6 years ago started to do embroidery to help out her f...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaMost smallholder farmers in Nkubu, Kenya, struggle because of a lack of capital. This concern is true for Caroline, who is based in the Nkubu area of Kenya and is the mothe...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaSuo, is 54 year old. She is residing in the small village of Prey Chhor District, KAMPONG CHAM Province. She is a mother of six children. Her families members are operating...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Susanne, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,468 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.