Walter is a hardworking young man. He has his own business with which he has ...Read their story >
Join Susan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- BakeryEl SalvadorWalter lives with his parents and his siblings. He is single and has no children.
Walter is a hardworking young man. He has his own business with which he has ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Higher education costsTajikistanMunavvar is married and has two children. She is a very kind and responsible woman.
Munavvar lives poorly, because her income is not enough for her big family....Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- CarpentryKenyaNahashon is married and has three children. He describes himself as honest. He operates a carpentry business, making furniture. He has been involved in this business for fo...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- ServicesKosovoGazmend is 22 years old. He is a very hardworking and a very honest young man. After his family was forced to demolish their old house because of safety hazards, he saw an ...Read their story >Funding via KosInvest
- CattleArmeniaArtur is 28 years old and lives with his wife and two small children in Zovaber village of the Gegharkunik region. He has been farming since a very young age and now he is ...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
Kiva lenders, like Susan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,817 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.