Join Susan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Shoe SalesEl SalvadorJesús has decided to take out another loan because he needs to continue making investments in his business selling shoes. The loan will be invested in the purchase of shoes...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Clothing SalesPeruCinthia Lisbeth is 23 years old and single and lives with her parents and brothers in the district of Cayaltí, in the Chiclayo province, which is in the Lambayeque departme...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- FarmingKenyaShadrack is a married man. He has seven children. He describes himself to be honest. He operates a farm where he keeps cows and also grows crops. His business is located in...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- TransportationPalestineSuhaib is a 24-year-old man from Tulkarem. He took a USD loan from Palestine for Credit & Development to turn his cargo truck into a truck that can be used for shipping, cl...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- AgricultureEcuadorUbaldo Almeida is 55 years old and lives with his wife and children in a small town called Cahuasqui in northern Ecuador. He works as a day laborer on the family's lands. ...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa de Ahorro y Credito Mujeres Unidas (CACMU)
Kiva lenders, like Susan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,901 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.