Join Susan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaDory is eager to get ahead. She lives with her husband in the Chuka area of Kenya. She is blessed with three children, who are her greatest motivation in life. She persever...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- FarmingColombiaWillyam is 49 years old and lives in the municipality of Nariño. He’s a happy married man who has 4 children - 3 daughters and 1 son. He inherited a farm from his family 25...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingKenyaDear lenders, Jane is a hardworking farmer from the Kitale region. Kitale is considered to be an underserved region. In Kitale, with her family, she has been crop and anima...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- FarmingUgandaJimmiedine is a 45-year-old client married with three children for whom he has full responsibility. He is seeking a loan of 2,000,000 UGX to invest in maize and banana plan...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance
- Personal Housing ExpensesUgandaSimon is 48 years old and a resident of Luuka district. He is married with 12 children, and seven of them go to school.
Simon is a farmer and also a businessman...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance
Kiva lenders, like Susan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,350 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.