For the past five years Njeri has sold phone accessories to earn an inco...Read their story >
Join Susan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Phone AccessoriesKenyaNjeri has three children. When asked to describe herself in a word, she said, “Honest.”
For the past five years Njeri has sold phone accessories to earn an inco...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorKarina, 30, lives in her own home with her mother. She has worked for a private company for 6 years, and with her earnings from this job she has been able to get ahead wit...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- FarmingKenyaViolet is 38 years old and has eight children. She has been a farmer for 12 years and is always said to be a very experienced farmer. Even though Violet is the only one fea...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Home Products SalesEl SalvadorAt 21 years old, Carlos is a very responsible and hard-working young man who lives in his own home next to his family. He supports his family financially with his business...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Clothing SalesColombiaLuz Maria is a hardworking woman who has a small sales outlet located on the streets of downtown Medellin, where she sells dresses for girls. She is a single mother head of...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Susan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,120 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.