Join Susan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesTajikistanUrazgul is a 60-year-old resident of the Khuroson district. She is married and has eight children. You could say she is a heroic mother. Her husband renovates houses and he...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- FarmingSamoaPuapuagatia is 47 years old and married with six children.
She has a small vegetable garden where she grows cabbages and tomatoes that she can sell in her commu...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- BakeryEl SalvadorOmar is 26 years old. He attended school until the fourth grade. He is married, and his wife works taking care of the home and helping him make bread. Together they have...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingArmeniaAnna lives with her husband and two teenage children, a son and a daughter. Anna is a previous Kiva borrower who successfully used her loan to buy seed, fertilizer, pestici...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Auto RepairUgandaEdward is newly married man with a child. His passion in life is to see his businesses soar to great heights. Edward is a part-time mechanic, but he also sells windscreens ...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance
Kiva lenders, like Susan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,534 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.