Join Sunshine on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailRwandaFelix is a member of ABAKUNDAMURIMO and is on his second loan through VisionFund Rwanda. Since receiving his first loan, his life has changed because now he can get what he...Read their story >
- FarmingBurkina FasoThe Barkentio Niessan group has recently repaid their 1st Kiva loan. The repayment schedule was respected and paid off on time. Ablassé, the representative of the group, th...Read their story >
- RetailTogoKissegbe is a 30-year old married woman. Kissegbe has three children in her care and lives in Adamavo. She is a travelling saleswoman selling avocados and bananas. She buys...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonColombiaErica is just 25 years old and lives in the municipality of Sincelejo. She’s a single woman who has a beauty salon that she started last year after taking some classes.
Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaSelly is a 54-year-old farmer living in Bomet with her children and her husband. Through farming, she has been able to pay school fees for her children. Selly has been farm...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sunshine, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,159 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.