Join suki on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorKenia is a single mother. Motivated to give her 5-year-old daughter the best, she developed a clothing sales business. She lives with her daughter and her mother. Kenia ...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Clothing SalesKenyaLydia is a single woman. She has two children. She describes herself to be polite. She operates a retail business where she sells clothes. She has been involved in this bus...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaEmily is a married woman with three kids, all of whom attend school. She owns a house that neither has electricity or piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is food for ...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- AgricultureColombiaWilmer has a smile on his face for a reason, because of the rain, that climactic phenomenon that this humble farmer has so much been awaiting. Now that the intensity of El ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Internet CafeEl SalvadorJuan was in school until grade 9. He is married, and his wife is a merchant. He has four children, only one of whom lives with them; the others live apart. Juan has run a ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like suki, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,859 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.