For several years they have lived in a rented house. Her greatest...Read their story >
Join suki on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesMexicoAracely has two children, Angeli who is in pre-school and Frida who loves dancing and theater.
For several years they have lived in a rented house. Her greatest...Read their story >Funding via Habitat for Humanity Mexico
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that David is working alongside One Acre Fund. He has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2011. Although he is ...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesEcuadorAlex works in textile production, specifically in creating kids' suits. He learned from his mother three years ago. His is 21 years old and lives with relatives in the Atun...Read their story >Funding via Fundacion Alternativa
- Used ClothingRwandaUwizeye Rose, a mother of two children, is also the president of her group called Good Line which is comprised of ten members: four women and six men. Uwizeye Rose runs ...Read their story >Funding via Vision Finance Company s.a. (VFC), a partner of World Vision International
- DairyColombiaMaría is 63 years old and lives in the town of Nemocón. She started her businesses in the year 1985. She is a distributor of milk and sells drinks. She opens every day a...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
Kiva lenders, like suki, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,646 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.