Join suki on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanGanjina is a business woman from Gonchi. She has been selling fabric for ten years now. It is always in demand since she only sells quality fabric and the price is reasonab...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorClaudia has chosen to request a new loan, considering it necessary for the activation of her business. With the money, she will be able to buy corn, flour, fresh cheese, a...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMa. Cecelia is a 47-year-old married woman. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 18,000 loan through NWTF to purchase items such as spices, oil, ...Read their story >
- FarmingHaitiWilnor is leading a social enterprise with many farmers. With other actors, he lets his farmers benefit from a literacy program, health checkups, and community involvement....Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorErika needs a new loan to restock the inventory of her business by buying shrimp and pigs to sell. She will also invest in corn meal, oil, cheese curd, seasonings, sugar, f...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like suki, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,966 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.