Join Steve Ayling on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockKyrgyzstanNazgul is 34 years old, married, and the mother of 3 school-aged children. Nazgul has a meat stall. She has been working in sales a little more than a year, but has already...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
- Food Production/SalesTajikistanMamura is a very kind and responsible woman. She feeds her four children and takes care of them (sons Avazbek, born in 2002, Azizbek, 2004, Shahzod and Alijon, 2014.). She ...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- FarmingKenyaElizabeth is 52-years-old and has six children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by nine farmers in Chwele District, Kenya.
Elizabeth h...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- FarmingKenyaJulius is 83 years old and has 9 children. He is a group leader and is representing his group formed by 9 farmers in Webuye District, Kenya. Julius has been farming with ...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- FarmingKenyaRuben is 54-years-old and has 9 children. He has been a farmer for 10 years and is always said to be a very hardworking individual. Even though Ruben is the only one featur...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like Steve Ayling, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,560 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.