Join Steve Ayling on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailBoliviaThe loan group "Agua de la Vida III" is beginning its sixth cycle in Pro Mujer, as part of the Centro Focal Los Andes. It is comprised of eight members, and led by a board ...Read their story >
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)This Kyar Kone (D) Village Group consists of six village customers: Aye K, Aye M, Aung, Myint, Than and Htun. They are smallholder farmers who love farming and earn their l...Read their story >
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)Pictured above are loan clients from Kya Paing – 1 (B) Village Group, named Khin, Myint, Myit, Myo and Myoe.
Myint, first from the right in the picture, is the ...Read their story >
- DairyArmeniaGet to know Jirayr! He is a hardworking 60-year-old man who engages in milk sales. Jirayr keeps cattle to support his family's basic needs. Alongside his wife and 24-year-o...Read their story >
- Vehicle RepairsColombiaJuan is a very experienced motocycle and car mechanic. He has acquired many skills through short studies in different academies and the rest he has learned from observation...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Steve Ayling, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,501 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.