Join Stevie Planeteer on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsKenyaEmily is a married woman who lives in Bungoma with her husband and children. She has been farming for the last twelve years. In her village, she practices mixed farming. T...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaAntony is a married man. He describes himself as being God-fearing.
Antony operates a transport business where he transports customers using his motorcycle. He ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPeruSonia is a hardworking woman who is 39 years old. She lives in the town of Moquegua. Sonia provides educational services in her town and seeks to offer a wider range of k...Read their story >
- BookstoreEl SalvadorLiduvina attended school through the sixth grade. She has been married for more than 35 years and has 5 children.
Liduvina works in a bookstore—photocopier busi...Read their story >
- Veterinary SalesKenyaZeddy is a hardworking woman who is very proactive in her approach to farming decisions. She is determined to succeed and give her family a better lifestyle. Zeddy obtains ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stevie Planeteer, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,686 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.