Read their story >
Join Stephen on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorJuan is 27 years old and has a high school education. He is in relationship and his partner looks after the household. Together they have a 3-years-old daughter.
Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorHenrri, who studied through high school, is in a relationship, and his partner takes care of the household chores. They have one son who is four years old.
Henrr...Read their story >
- PoultryVietnamMrs. Ánh is 59 years old and she is married with two children. Ánh lives in Thieu Hoa district, a rural town in Thanh Hoa province. She has worked in agriculture, raisin...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaDear lenders,
For most people who are 50 years old in Chuka, they solely depend on their children for support, but this is not the case for Purity, who is 50 and...Read their story >
- PigsEl SalvadorDamaris went to school until the 9th grade in school. She is married and has 4 children. Her partner works raising cattle.
Damaris works raising and butchering ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,157 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.