Join Stephen Baugh on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home EnergyHondurasNorma is a brave woman and mother of four. She has some African oil palm farms and a small business where she sells knick-knacks and basic food products. She needs to purch...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanBahromjon is a middle-aged man aged 38. He is married and has 2 children. His family consists of 4 people. Bahromjon is the breadwinner of his family and, in order to provi...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesSierra LeoneMeet Amidu. He is 48 years old and from Magburaka, Northern rural area in Sierra Leone. He is married with five children. Some years ago now, Amidu established his clothes ...Read their story >
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)Pictured in the middle, Kyaw, is 61 years old and a rural villager from Oke Hpo Kan-1 (C) Village Group. He is a father blessed with two independent children. He has been p...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanShuhratjon couldn't study when he was young due to economic conditions. He currently is married,. He has a several children who live with him.
Shuhratjon works ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephen Baugh, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,729 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.