Join Stephen Baugh on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorJacinto is 69-years old. He lives with his wife and a nephew who is in school and who helps him work in the fields. His children are adults and live overseas as they immigr...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Food StallSierra LeoneGreetings from Tombo, a community near the small and busy western rural area of Sierra Leone. This is 33-year-old Isatu, a married mother and businesswoman. Her husband i...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Sierra Leone
- CattleMaliAbary is a 47-year-old Malian and cattle farmer. He lives in a small village in Mali, ans he is married with 8 children ages 18 months to 5 years old. Five of his children ...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaBenard is happily married man and a father of four children. His wife sells groceries and they support one another. He is a motorbike operator with many years of experience...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- FarmingArmeniaMeet Amalya! Amalya is a skillful agronomist from Armavir region. She has 10 years of experience under her belt. Amalya looks after her farm with great love and care. She i...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
Kiva lenders, like Stephen Baugh, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,383 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.