Join Stephen on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePakistanShanila Kousar is a young lady who is age 21. She lives with her eight family members in Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan. Her family has been facing the challenge of meeting expe...Read their story >
- Personal ExpensesGuatemalaMagdalena is a woman who always looks for a better way to get ahead. She is very grateful for the help she received with the loan that contributed to her improving her chic...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorJosé studied up to third grade. He is married and his wife does household work. He is the father of 2, who do not yet go to school because they are very small.
...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanSanginoy is very grateful for your help and support! Her son's wedding went well and cheerfully. Sanginoy and her husband are very happy that they brought their daughter-in...Read their story >
- TransportationParaguayEmilio is 29 years old. He is an independent carrier. He has a truck to transfer cargo and other jobs.
He began this work more than eight years ago as a chauffeu...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,578 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.