Join Stephen on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingGhanaSamuel has made good progress in the repayment of his previous Kiva loan, and the loan has been useful to him. He wants to secure an additional Kiva loan to help him weed a...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreGuatemalaDúo Joyas Valiosas includes María Filomena, who has owned a grocery store for more than ten years. Her business is located in her home, and this helps her because she does ...Read their story >
- RetailGuatemalaMaría Elvia is a member of the Dúo Rosario de san Bartolo Group. She is thirty-six years old and married with four children. Two of them are still under her care and are st...Read their story >
- Spare PartsSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone.
This is thirty-year-old Aminata from Kissy. She is married with a child. She started her business because she wants to empower herse...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCharles is 57 years old and has nine children. He is a group leader and is representing 15 farmers in Matete District, Kenya.
Charles has been farming with One ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,523 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.