Join Stephen on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreColombiaNestor is 38 years old. He is an entrepreneurial man who lives in the Mosquera municipality with his spouse and daughter. He is an employee of a public transport company th...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaSamet is a resident in Tbaung Khmum district, Tbaung Khmum province and she is married. This 52-year-old woman has four dependent children. She and her husband are growing ...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonJean, age 34, is married and the mother of four children, whose ages range from 2 to 10. He has a 18-year-old cacao plantation in a local village. He is seeking a loan to b...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaOriginally from a rural village of the Kratie district where crop farming is a common way to earn a living, Phen, 46, is married with three children. She and her husband gr...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorCarmelina did not have any primary education. She was married for 39 years and had 4 children, all of whom are adults with independent lives.
Carmelina has had ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,919 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.