Join Stephane on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaLiving in a rural area of Tbaung Khmum province, Sochea is 30 years old and single. He also needs to support one sibling who is still studying in high school. To support hi...Read their story >
- Souvenir SalesArmeniaMariya is 31 years old and she lives with her husband and two school-aged children in Kadjaran city in the Syunik region. Her husband is employed and he works at the city’s...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaInternational Mother’s Day has arrived in Kenya, so Juhudi Kilimo would like to present a hardworking mother by the name of Mariangela. She is a humble, honest, and hardwo...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesHondurasSergio is 26-years old. He lives in a San Vicente neighborhood.
Sergio has made his living in agriculture for the last ten years. He grows coffee, which he has...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaMargaret is a 47-year-old mother who earns a living by raising dairy cows and poultry and by selling grocery goods (fruits and vegetables). She has been able to send all of...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephane, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,468 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.