Join Stephan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaNavy is 30 years old and married. She lives with her family in a rural area located in the Chey Sen district of Presh Vihea province. She has two dependent children to take...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorRicardo attended school through the sixth grade. He is in a relationship and has two children. His life partner takes care of the home and cares for the children while he...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonPalestineHiyam, who appears in the photo, is a 39-year-old from Dier Al Balah, Gaza Strip. She is a married woman who lives with her husband and four adorable kids. She tries so har...Read their story >
- FarmingTajikistanBoymullo is aged 53. He is married and lives with his wife and children, who are his priority. Boymullo farms peanuts, which have been his major income source for many year...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMoses, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than 20 years, and is now proud to represent his group of 15 farmers in Webuye District. He is 59 years old, is married an...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,515 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.