Join Stephan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesJordanRania is 40 years old and divorced. She takes care of her sick mother and works in a charity. The charity helps her find customers for her clothes and accessories sales. Sh...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- General StoreSamoaMariarosa is 36 years old and married with 3 children. She owns and operates a small store, selling a variety of items. She has been doing this for 3 years. She needs a loa...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- AgricultureColombiaAmaury is 27 years old and lives in the municipality of San Antonio de Palmito. He’s a farmer who works hard to sustain his family. He started his business in 2011, and it ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- PoultryKenyaHello Kiva community!
Kwamboka is a woman who is very dedicated to her work. She works untiringly every day of the week, from Monday to Sunday. She lives in Nyam...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- TailoringPakistanAyesha is a 37-year-old woman. She has eight children and lives in Gujrat, Pakistan. She runs her own stitching business at her home. She has been working as a tailor for t...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Stephan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,557 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.