Join Stephan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePakistanStruck by poverty, Robina Kousar is trying her level best to give her one child the best life possible. Living in a rural area of Gujranwala, she has gone against the norms...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Mbuya, who, as a group leader, is representing her group formed by 8 farmers in Matete District, Kenya. She is married and is a mother to 3 children, know...Read their story >
- CerealsUgandaLeonard is a young businessman from Kidukule, Bwamiramira, Kibaale district. He is age 28 and married with two children who are five and two years old. With his little savi...Read their story >
- LivestockTajikistanUrazgul is an elderly 59-year-old woman. She is married. Urazgul gave birth to and raised two children. Urazgul's husband works as a home renovations expert. She is a pensi...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesRoselyn is 50 years old, married, and has two children.
She is in the agricultural business, farming rice in the Philippines, and requested a PHP 11,000 loan thr...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,994 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.