Join Stephan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaAged 37 years, Theth is married and lives with her family in a rural area located in Preah Vihear Province. She is a mother blessed with two children; one of them is still ...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaUbaidu, who resides in Fanshanu village, is a Babban Gona maize farmer who manages a 1-hectare maize farm, through which he supports his family.
Luckily, as a Ba...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportUgandaPaul is a married man with two children, all living in Fort Portal, Uganda. He started a motorcycle business in 2009 with the hope of raising more income to help him look a...Read their story >
- Cheese MakingEl SalvadorMaria studied through the ninth grade. Her husband is employed in a milk skimming factory, and they have two children that are in school. Maria earns a living selling chees...Read their story >
- HardwareParaguayRuben, 56, runs a hardware business and has steady customers who visit his shop regularly because of the good service he always provides. He has been in this business for ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,920 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.