Join Stephan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailPhilippinesFilipina is a businesswoman from Lopez Jaena. She is 69 years old, married and has expertise in selling. She runs a little sari-sari (variety) store and earns an income tha...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineLorreen is a married woman who has three children. She wants to provide her children with a good condition house to live in. Since her husband's income is so little and can...Read their story >Funding via Alibdaa Microfinance
- Home AppliancesCambodiaSam’s Group lives in a rural village in Pailin province in Cambodia. Sam does work as farmer to support her family.
In their village, there is no reliable acces...Read their story >Funding via iDE Cambodia
- RestaurantUgandaKedress was introduced to the business of cattle rearing and trade by her husband 10 years ago, so that they could cover the family expenses.
Her business' main ...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
- General StoreRwandaAnne Marie is a 35-year-old married mother of two children. She is the leader of the Dusabane Nyamiyaga Group, and in the photo, she is the one who has raised up her hand ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
Kiva lenders, like Stephan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,877 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.