Join Stephanie Jane on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaA resident of Snoul district in the Kratie province of Cambodia, Savet is a 47-year-old married mother with four children who are still dependent on her. Only two of them a...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesKenyaMargaret is a Kiva borrower. She describes herself to be honest. She operates a retail business where she sells shoes and clothes. She has been involved in this business f...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAnnastacia is 39 years old. She is married and blessed with four children. Her business is farming, which she has doing for four years.
This is her second loan, ...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaAlice is a happily married lady with three children. She supports her family. She is a shopkeeper with years of experience in this business and she enjoys her job very much...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreHondurasMelida is 50 years old. She is a single mother. She has two children. She lives in La Ceia, Atlantida with her children and a sister. She has a small grocery store where sh...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephanie Jane, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,663 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.