Join Srikanth on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingPeruEugenio is 51 years old and is married. He lives with his wife in the district of Santo Tomás, Cutervo province, Cajamarca department, Peru. He has very good references bot...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Grocery StorePakistanNasreen Akhtar is a 56-year-old woman. She lives in the small village of Gujranwala, Pakistan with her family. She has been successfully running a small grocery store at th...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- PigsHonduras50 year old Martina is married and doesn't have any dependent children. She lives in her own home in the village of La Arada Goascoran and has been in the business of butch...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras
- Higher education costsTajikistanTursunboy is a 29-year-old man from the city of Dushanbe. He is a positive and purposeful person. Tursunboy married for love, and his beloved wife bore him two beautiful ch...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- SewingTajikistanJura, age 53, lives in the city of Isfara. She is a very positive and kind woman. She has been sewing women's dresses for the past ten years. Her children are all adults...Read their story >Funding via Humo
Kiva lenders, like Srikanth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,920 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.