He will use the loan to buy food for th...Read their story >
Join Srikanth on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesPalestineYaseer is a 51-year-old married man with 4 children from the city of Hebron. He has worked in animal sales in 15 years.
He will use the loan to buy food for th...Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
- Farm SuppliesIndiaRakshaben lives in Dahod, Gujarat. She is a 31-year-old hard-working mother of four daughters and a son, who are attending a local school in Dahod. Rakshaben is also a home...Read their story >Funding via Milaap
- Clothing SalesEcuadorPaola is 30 years old, happily married, and has two sons, Daniel, age 4 and Nicolás, recently born who is 3 months old. They live in a home lent by family members. Her husb...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- AgricultureColombiaJorge, 29, is a farmer who works in the fields to earn a living. He works as a seasonal laborer on different large farms in the region, and also has his own crops that he h...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Higher education costsArmeniaMeet again Lilit! Lilit is an agronomist from Haghartsin village in the Tavush region, where she lives with her husband and son. Lilit works at the local village library as...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
Kiva lenders, like Srikanth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,571 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.