Join Srikanth on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingIndonesiaAsiati is 45 years old, married, and has five children, three of whom are married and two of whom attend school. She works hard with her husband to fulfill their needs. Her...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanZulaiho is a skilled craftswoman of the age of 38. She lives int he city of Khujand, and provides a sewing service. She started her sewing business some years ago. Zulaiho ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaToafa is a 18 year old married woman with 1 child. She makes and sells Ice-cakes in her community to earn a living. She has 2 years of experience with this business. She ne...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesSierra LeoneGreetings from Moriba town, near Bo in the Southern Province, in Sierra Leone. This is 42-year-old Saffie, a married mother who has been blessed with two children.
Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMaxilmilla's group is formed by 10 farmers in Webuye District and is being represented by Maxilmilla, who is the group leader pictured above. She is 38 years old, is marrie...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Srikanth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,685 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.