A few bouts of illness affecting her chi...Read their story >
Join Speedwell on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesCongo (Dem. Rep.)Profits earned through her previous loan have helped Mawazo to bolster her capital and to cover food and tuition costs.
A few bouts of illness affecting her chi...Read their story >Funding via Programme d'Appui aux Initiatives de Développement Economique au Kivu (PAIDEK)
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaUkashatu is a maize farmer from Kinkiba village in Nigeria. Ukashatu is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previou...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- ServicesTanzaniaMwita, 32, is married and has one little son. He runs a small business that provides mobile money and power supply services to support his family. He opens his business at ...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- RetailColombiaJeimy is a young, caring, polite, and happy person. She works in a business called “Tienda de sentimientos” in which she sells stuffed animals, chocolates, cards, and artic...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- RetailSierra LeoneThis is 32-year-old Aminata. She is a married mother with two children ages 5 and 12. Her husband is a photographer but his income is not enough to support the home. One of...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Sierra Leone
Kiva lenders, like Speedwell, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,060 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.