Join Speedwell on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEcuadorPortoviejo is a town that rose up after an earthquake that happened last April and despite the push from its people to try to move the city forward it is still missing a lo...Read their story >
- FoodSierra LeoneMeet 31-year-old Mary from Waterloo. She is married with three children between the ages of three years and seven years. Two of her children are currently attending school....Read their story >
- Motorcycle RepairParaguaySr. Daniel is 30 years and sells motorcycle parts out of his own shop. He also has a motorcycle repair shop and a well-established clientele. Daniel has been doing this w...Read their story >
- Soft DrinksCambodiaSokunthea is a 22-year-old single woman. At the moment, she is living in Sangke District in Battambang Province. Sokunthea opened a laundry shop a few years ago in order ...Read their story >
- General StoreParaguayWilfrido is from the city of Ybycuí. He is married and has a daughter, so he strives to get ahead so that his family will lack nothing. Wilfrido has a general store where...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Speedwell, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,057 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.