Join Speedwell on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePeruTeodoro is 58 years old and lives in his own home with his partner in the district of Lagunas, province of Chiclayo, department of Lambayeque, Perú. He has very good refere...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- FarmingTimor-LesteLucia is 24 years old and she was married. She has a farming business that she started in 2014, and grows vegetables to sell to a local market and generate income to suppor...Read their story >Funding via Kaebauk Investimentu No Finansas, SA
- FarmingTajikistanDilshoda is married parent of 5 children. She lives with her family in North Tajikistan. For more than 20 years, Dilshoda has been busy with an agriculture business. She gr...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- TailoringColombiaSonia is a friendly, helpful and detail-oriented woman, she is a tailor and has been working in this profession for over 20 years so she is very well-known in the municipal...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- General StoreKenyaMwanajuma is a married woman with one child who attends school. She owns a house that has electricity, but no piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is food. She has ...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
Kiva lenders, like Speedwell, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,924 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.