Join Speedwell on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home AppliancesCambodiaSophorp’s group lives in a rural village in Battambang province in Cambodia. Sophorp makes a living cultivating rice to support her family. In their village there is no rel...Read their story >Funding via iDE Cambodia
- Beauty SalonEl SalvadorThis young girl has had her face pixelated because she is 25-years old and lives in a high-risk area. She owns a beauty salon located near her home, in a very busy area. Wi...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- AgricultureKenyaMathew is 54 years old and has 6 children. He has been a farmer for more than 30 years now and is always said to be a very friendly person. Even though Mathew is the only o...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaStella is a married woman with 3 children. She describes herself to be patient. She operates a retail business where she sells fruit and vegetables. She has been involved i...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- General StorePakistanAsifa is a 27-year-old woman residing in Lahore, Pakistan. She is a mother of three children. She has been running a general store for the past eight years from her home, a...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Speedwell, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,159 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.