<...Read their story >
Join Speedwell on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoArturo, 34, is a single young man who lives with his family in the western part of Monterrey. He has worked for some time as a bricklayer in a construction company.
<...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- General StoreUgandaSusan is a 62-year-old woman who is married with children and lives in Kyenjojo, western Uganda. She runs a retail shop, which business she has operated for five years. She...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorOrlando is 34 years old. He studied until the ninth grade. He is married and has 3 young children.
Orlando has cultivated land with his father from a young age. ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Beauty SalonPakistanThis is Shazia. She is a 38-year-old woman living with her spouse and five children in the area of Multan, Pakistan. They live in a rented house made of brick that has drin...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingNigeriaAminu is a hard working Babban Gona maize farmer from Kinkiba Karofi village. Aminu lives in a modest mud house with his family. Thanks to his hard work, he feeds his famil...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like Speedwell, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,055 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.