Join Speedwell on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgriculturePeruRamiro, 36, is in a common law marriage and lives in his own home made of rustic materials. He lives with his wife and his three youngest children in the district of Santo ...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- FarmingPakistanNaseem is 47 years old married women and lives with her family in Gujrat, Pakistan.
Ten years ago her son began working as a farmer in his fields. He grows dif...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Fruits & VegetablesColombiaLeidy is a young woman of only 20 years of age who has three children. She is hard-working and enterprising, making a living from the sale of fruits and vegetables with th...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- General StoreVietnamMrs. Giang is 31 years old and married with two children. She is in an ethnic minority and lives in Thach Thanh district, a mountainous region of Thanh Hoa province.
<...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution
- FarmingEl SalvadorLuis attended school until the ninth grade. He is in a relationship, and his partner takes care of the home. They currently have no children.
Luis worked as an...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Speedwell, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,576 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.