Join Speedwell on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaRayyanu is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer from Rafin Kira village. Rayyanu lives in a modest mud house with his family. Thanks to his hard work, he feeds his family...Read their story >
- SewingPakistanParveen is a married woman, who lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan with her 3 children. Her husband has been working in huge general store on monthly salary for many years. He i...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaJulius is 35 years old. He is married and blessed with two children. He has had a tea and motorcycle transport business for five years and earns a monthly income of KES 20,...Read their story >
- FarmingCameroonRoger is a man of 35, married, and the father of a family. He is a farmer specialized in growing cacao a local village. Thanks to his plantation he manages to support his f...Read their story >
- CattlePeruClotilde, 55 years old, is separated and lives in her own house with her children in the district of Zaña, Chiclayo province, Lambayeque department, in the country of Peru....Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Speedwell, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,637 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.