Join Speedwell on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaEunice is the mother of four children and is a rural smallholder farmer from the Mungudoi, Nandihills area of Kenya. She is married to a fellow farmer. Her family's main in...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Personal Products SalesPhilippinesAs a m parent of four children, Romelinda works hard to support her family.
She has a beauty products retailing business in the Philippines. Romelinda is borrowi...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- ServicesPhilippinesEdna is involved in her car wash business. She is 44 years old and married. She and her husband work hard to improve their business. Edna worked as a saleslady for 30 years...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran, Inc. (ASKI)
- Personal Products SalesPhilippinesCecila is a 63-year-old married woman with eight children; one child is still in school. She is a very hard working entrepreneur who has a "buy-and-sell" personal care prod...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Personal PurchasesBoliviaMaira works as a teacher. She is the mother of two children. She is a divorced woman and she lives with her aunt.
Maira wants to install an internet center at t...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
Kiva lenders, like Speedwell, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,214 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.