Join Sophie G on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesTajikistanShoista was born in 1982. She is divorced and has three children ages 12, 8 and 6 years old. She is a very kind and responsive woman. She is the main provider for her thre...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- TailoringPakistanRukhsana is a professional tailor. She learned the art of stitching in a very young age from her mother.
Nowadays, she's the trusted tailor of hundr...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- TaxiEcuadorRosalba is 53 years old and happily married. Her family is composed of her husband and her two sons, Santiago of 19 years and Jonathan of 15 years, who are students. Due to...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- Food Production/SalesPakistanYasmeen is a 46-year-old married woman living in the area of Multan; Pakistan. She is mother of five children. She has had her own small set up of a chat masala business at...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingKenyaJohn is 63 years old and has eight children. He is a group leader and is representing his group of 10 farmers in Webuye District, Kenya.
John has been farming w...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like Sophie G, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,048 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.