Join Michele on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaMargaret is a 47-year-old mother who earns a living by raising dairy cows and poultry and by selling grocery goods (fruits and vegetables). She has been able to send all of...Read their story >
- PubRwandaTuzamurane is a group represented by Judith, who is 45 years old. She is married with four children aged between 8 and 20 years.
The group name means “Let us co...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesCongo (Dem. Rep.)Placide sells charcoal and he initially started this activity with capital earned from farming. His business is lucrative but the transportation aspect is problematic. Stil...Read their story >
- AgricultureEl SalvadorModesto did not have the opportunity to attend school. He is married and his partner does the domestic tasks. His mother-in-law and niece, who is in school, also live with ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAgnes is a mother of one child and she is 29 years old.She is a farmer who grows khat for a living and she likes her business very much.
She is a hardworking lad...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michele, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,534 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.