Join Simon on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Farm SuppliesArmeniaGet to know 46-year-old Gohar! Gohar is an agronomist with 25 years of experience. She keeps cows and hens, as well as cultivate potatoes, beans, cabbages, and wheat. Throu...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanNabeela Kausar is a married lady and lives with her husband and three children in Hafizabad, Pakistan. She is 28 years old and a tailor by profession.
She start...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesManolita is a 51-year-old married woman who lives in Sindangan. She is the responsible mother of 2 school aged children.
Together with her husband, who also wor...Read their story >
- RetailPhilippinesRoger earns a living by buying and selling dried fish. He has been doing this for a long time as a way to support his wife and nine children, all of whom are now grown. Bec...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorAlicia, 42, did not have the opportunity to study and is currently living with her partner and son who is studying.
Alicia sells pupusas and has been running the...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Simon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,727 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.