Join Sia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreColombiaGennis Adriana is 29 years old and lives in the municipality of Medellin. She’s a single woman who loves her independence and who is a great entrepreneur. She has been work...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- General StorePhilippinesMerlyn is 37 years old and married with four children. With four children in school, Merlyn works very hard to provide for them.
Merlyn runs a general store in t...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaGriscelda, 33, is a member of the Duo Los Parques who has made a living selling clothing for several years. Thanks to God and her family, she has been able to get ahead wi...Read their story >Funding via FAPE
- PoultryVietnamMrs. Giang, born in 1990 is a Thai ethnic woman. She currently lives with her husband and her daughter in Mai Son district, Son La province. Her family’s main income is fro...Read their story >Funding via M7 Microfinance Institution Limited
- Phone AccessoriesNicaraguaLester is a young entrepreneur who started his own business 6 years ago repairing cell phones and selling accessories. His desire to better himself and improve his quality ...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
Kiva lenders, like Sia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,213 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.