Joyce is an ambitious, smallholder farmer from the Kerugoya area. This is a luxuriant maize-producing region in the central province of Kenya....Read their story >
Join Sia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaDear Kiva lenders,
Joyce is an ambitious, smallholder farmer from the Kerugoya area. This is a luxuriant maize-producing region in the central province of Kenya....Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)Thein, in the photo seen as the middle person with a light jacket, is the leader of the Kyauk Sit Pone (N) – 3 (D) Village Group.
Other members in the photo are...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- General StoreLiberiaHawa is 46 years old, married, and has five children who range in age from 26 to 30. She operates a business where she sells plantains, red oil, pineapples, coal, bread, a...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Liberia
- AgricultureTajikistanMaysara is incredibly grateful to Kiva creditors for their support and care. She has used her loan as intended and is addressing again in order to purchase more potato seed...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- TaxiArmeniaMeet Radik! Radik is a 29-year-old driver from the city of Yerevan. Radik has a car, thanks to which he can provide a taxi service. Radik is a very good driver, and, thanks...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
Kiva lenders, like Sia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,035 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.