Join Sia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockMaliAdiarra is 36 years old and from Mali. She is married and the mother of seven children, two of whom go to school. Her children range in age from 6 to 18 years old. Adiarra ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiquePedro is a military man. He is 61, married with 6 children, 4 of them of age and on their own and 2 in high school. They live in a home provided by his work.
He will u...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorJosé says that with the contribution of the previous loan he was able to carry out his agricultural activities at the right time. With this the business keeps running and ...Read their story >
- VehicleCambodiaAt the age of 57, Soem Kheng is a single woman who is living in a small house located in a rural village in Kampong Cham province. Growing rice and working as a paid worker...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesTajikistanThe woman in this photo is Nargiza. She is a very kind and responsible woman. She was born in 1987 in Kanibadam, Tajikistan in a workers' family. She is married and has thr...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,100 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.