Join Shelley on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl Salvador47-year-old Mirna studied up to the 6th grade in school. She is married and her husband, like her, is a farmer. They have 4 children. With a lot of effort and responsibilit...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- TailoringKenyaAkinyi is a married woman, 40 years old, and is blessed with three children. She lives in Kericho with her family and she also takes care of other family members. She is a ...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- TailoringPakistanNusrat is a female entrepreneur and is struggling to bring prosperity to her family. She is 54 years old and lives in a small house with her three children and her husband....Read their story >Funding via Jinnah Welfare Society (JWS)
- WholesalePakistanRowash is a 29-year-old married woman living in the area of Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She is the mother of two children. Her partially-built house is under construction and she...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Food StallPalestineWisam is a 33-year-old single man from Khanyounis, Gaza Strip. He is the only breadwinner for his family since he provides for his parents as well. Wisam started selling ve...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like Shelley, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,185 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.