Join Shelley on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Farm SuppliesHondurasElin, 31, is the father of 2 children, and he lives with his wife in a community of Trojes in western Honduras. He mainly works as a coffee farmer; he has a lot of experie...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras, S.A.
- AgricultureKenyaSusan is a Kiva borrower. She has six children. She describes herself to be smart. She operates a farm where she grows maize, beans, and other crops. She has been involved ...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorSantos is 54 years old and lives in his own house with his life partner and his daughter. He has been making a living doing masonry work for thirty years, and this income ...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Clothing SalesKenyaRose is a single woman and has 2 children. She describes herself as ambitious. She operates a retail business where she sells clothes. She has been involved in this busines...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorGregorio is a 61-year-old responsible man who is requesting a new loan to improve his quality of life.
He will use the loan from FUSAI to buy cement, bricks, san...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Shelley, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,137 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.