Join Shelley on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesRonila is engaged in various businesses. She has been running a sari-sari (variety) store. She also sells food and is engaged in the poultry business. She has been in this ...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- General StorePhilippinesDaniel is 44 years old, is married, and has five children. He lives in Banadero, Ozamiz City, Misamis Occidental. Daniel runs a sari-sari (general) store, selling products ...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- Fish SellingVietnamMrs. Hằng is 26 years old and she is married with two children. Hằng lives in Quang Xuong district, a rural town in Thanh Hoa province. Hằng is a reputable person in the co...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution Limited Liability
- PigsColombiaJhon is a young 24-year-old man. He is married and doesn't have children yet. He is requesting some economic support to build two pigpens to stock with pigs and buy feed....Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingKenyaThe person raising her hand in the photograph is Susan. She is thirty years old, married, and has two children. She joined Hand in Hand Eastern Africa in 2014 to learn abou...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
Kiva lenders, like Shelley, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,957 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.