Join Sheila on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaA local farmer who lives in Kampong Svay district located in Kampong Thom province, Khoeun is 52 years old and married. She has five children, three of whom are in school. ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesYemenAbdullah is a 57 years old married man, who lives with his wife and nine children in a rented house in Sana'a governorate, Yemen. He is the only breadwinner of his family,...Read their story >
- Fuel/FirewoodUgandaSurgeon is an enterprising and hardworking 35-year-old married man who lives in Kasese, Uganda. 15 years ago, he decided to get involved in a motorcycle transport business ...Read their story >
- SewingBoliviaPrimitivo is a tailor. He makes aprons and he takes them to Potosí to sell. He is married and his wife is in delicate health. This man has two children who are grown up, ho...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanShazia is 26 years old and an amazing mother who lives in a small village near the city of Muzzafargharh. She has three children, and she is working hard to ensure a good l...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sheila, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,771 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.