Join Sheila on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesIndiaGeetha is a 33-year-old married woman residing in Pudukottai district, Tamil Nadu works as a daily-wage laborer. She has a household of four members and a monthly income of...Read their story >
- RetailPhilippinesAn owner of a dry goods store in the market place, Leonila is 53 years old, married, and a mother of six. They live in a subdivision located in Dipolog City.
Le...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesLebanonMalak, is 21 years old, a Lebanese single woman, lives with her family in an owned apartment in Baabda. She established her home business four years ago where she sells mak...Read their story >
- Grocery StorePalestineRakan, who appears in the photo, is a 27 year old from Ramallah, in the West Bank. He is a young single man who lives with his family; he tries so hard to help them with li...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesSierra LeoneFatmata is a businesswoman who earns her income through her clothing sales. Fatmata has taken on complete responsibility for running her business, and she needs to pay for ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sheila, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,902 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.