Join Shauna on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanAsma Rani is a 29 years old woman, living with her family in the area of Sialkot, Pakistan. She runs a women's tailoring business at her home. She has been making clothes ...Read their story >
- FarmingArmeniaVachik lives in Ddmashen village of the Gegharkunik region. He is a farmer. In his farm Vachik takes care of cows, sheep, a calf, and chickens.
With the help of...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanThe man in this photo is Umarali. Umarali is an active man. He was born in 1955 into a shepherd family. He is living in a remote district in the southern part of the countr...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaShy and soft-spoken Everline is also liberal minded. She is a smallholder farmer from a remote village in the Nandihills area of Kenya. The living conditions in this area a...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesGina is 59 years old and widowed with three children. Gina works very hard to provide for them.
Gina runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a loan...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Shauna, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,630 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.