Join Shauna on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Souvenir SalesPalestineEssam, who appears in the photo, is a 42-year-old from Bethlehem, West Bank. He is a married man who lives with his adorable wife in a small house. He tries so hard to prov...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesIndiaPampa is a 37-year-old woman hailing from the district of Jalpaiguri, a district of West Bengal. She has a household size of four members and their household's monthly inco...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesIndiaLaxmi is 47 years old and hails from the Khurda district of Odisha. She is married and lives with her household of five people. She is engaged in a sari-selling business. S...Read their story >
- FishingCambodiaHere is a mother of two kids, who is living in Kampong Chhnang province. Her name is Chandy and she is 28 years old. Nowadays, she is growing beans and her husband is fishi...Read their story >
- CattleArmeniaNikolay is already asking for his second Kiva loan and will be happy to have it as it can again help him to develop his farm. Nikolay lives in the frontier village Aygehovi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Shauna, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,157 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.