Join John-Philip on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaA mother of three children, Sophon is 43 years old and living in Kampong Chhnang province. She grows rice for a living, but due to a lack of water she can get low yields. S...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorMonica has a high school education. She is in a relationship and her partner works as a painter in the city. Her and her partner have 2 small daughters, one of whom is atte...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesTita is a married woman who is 48 years old and hqs four children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Tita has a fishing business in the Philippines. Tita r...Read their story >
- General StorePakistanSakeena is a 55 years married women and the mother of six children living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan She is seen with her husband, who has been running a general stor...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanKhairudin, age 56, is a happy father and the head of his family. He has four children and a beloved spouse. Khairudin lives with his family in the region of Kulob. He ra...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like John-Philip, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,919 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.