Join TamboDragonFruit on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureEl SalvadorJuan is a hard-working person. He studied until sixth grade. He lives in a relationship and his partner takes care of the domestic tasks. His daughter is little and does no...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorCarolina is in a common law relationship and her children attend school.
Carolina works selling dairy products and products of prime necessity and she learned a...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesCambodiaSreykim is 25 years old and is a married woman with one daughter. She sells corn. Her husband works as a taxi driver. Sreykim has been running this business for six years. ...Read their story >
- FarmingArmeniaSeyran is 56 years old, and he lives with his wife in the city of Kapan in the Syunik region. They have daughters who are married already, and they live with their families...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaA mother of one young child, Tork is 18 years old and living in Mondulkiri province. She is growing rice and raising pigs to get her main income. Because of a lack of rain,...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like TamboDragonFruit, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,668 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.