Maria w...Read their story >
Join Scott on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- BakeryEl SalvadorMaria studied up until her high-school diploma, for personal and financial reasons, she could not continue her studies. She has one son who is in school.
Maria w...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FishingEl SalvadorJosé is 57 years old. He is married, and his wife is a seamstress. He is the father of three children.
José has 42 years experience in artisanal fishing. In a...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Fruits & VegetablesPakistanShehnaz is a 43-year-old married woman, living in the area of Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She is a responsible mother of two daughters and four sons. She requested a loan for her...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Beauty SalonBurkina FasoKouassi Pierre is single and the father of a 2-year-old child. His child does not go to school. Kouassi Pierre has 6 dependents.
He has been a hairdresser for 9 ...Read their story >Funding via Micro Start/AFD
- FarmingKenyaJohn, pictured above, is a group leader and is representing his group, formed by 16 farmers in Webuye District, Kenya. He joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 2010 an...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like Scott, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,171 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.