Join Scott on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Spare PartsUgandaInnocent is a hard working man who lives in Kasese, Uganda. He is married with 5 children, and they all attend school. He operates a motor vehicle spare parts business, and...Read their story >
- RestaurantColombiaJomar lives with his family in the municipality of Cartagena, where his grilled chicken restaurant is located. He began this business thanks to his passion for cooking. He'...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaSafayanu, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Kuli village. Safayanu is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and ...Read their story >
- CattlePeruFredy is a 44-year-old working man who lives with his daughter and partner in the town of Coracora which is located in Ayacucho.
He earns a living through raisi...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanShamem is a hardworking 34-year-old woman with one child. She has been providing the service of stitching clothes in her locality and is quite popular for her skills. Shame...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Scott, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,113 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.