Farming and raising livestock are the main sources of financial income f...Read their story >
Join Scott on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)47 year old Than is married and a father of two children (in the middle of the picture).
Farming and raising livestock are the main sources of financial income f...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- CattleEl SalvadorJosé is 54 years old and studied until 6th grade. He didn't carry on as there were no schools in his community and he had to travel very far to get to school. He is married...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- DairyKenyaDear Kiva lenders,
Samwel is the true definition of a hard worker and a happy father. He is a farmer in Nyamira, growing maize, raising poultry, and engaging in ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- PigsColombiaMiguel has a very close-knit family, he is married and lives with his spouse and children. He is a very hard-working person who has as his source of income raising and sell...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingKenyaFred is 44 years old and a proud father of seven children. Often described as a very hardworking individual, he is a group leader, representing his group of seven farmers i...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like Scott, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,642 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.