Join Wendy Chamberlain on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsVietnamMrs Minh is 32 years old and she is married with four children. She has had a retail business selling rice for more than 10 years. Minh lives in Hoang Hoa district, a rural...Read their story >
- FarmingBoliviaPaulina is a person who is humble, elderly, and married. For diverse life reasons, she only managed to go to primary school. She lives in her own house with her husband. Th...Read their story >
- RetailPhilippinesOlivia is a 42-year-old woman who lives in Concepcion, Iloilo. She is married and a mother of seven children. Her oldest child is 20 years old and the youngest is 9 years...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesMyanmar (Burma)Pictured above are Ohn, Myint, Ohn Y, San, Win, and Aye, members of Yae Htwet – 2 (D) village group. This group is located in Mahlaing, which is in the Mandalay division of...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesEcuadorSonia is 44 years old and divorced. She is a hardworking woman who does all she can to earn a living. After her relationship separation she had to dedicate herself to start...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Wendy Chamberlain, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,576 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.