Join Wendy Chamberlain on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsPeruThese members belong to the communal bank called “SAN HILARION.” This bank is located in the Curahuasi district which is in the Abancay province of the department of Cusco....Read their story >
- TailoringMyanmar (Burma)3 Ward-3 Group is located in Pyapon Township, Delta Region of Myanmar. Inhabitants in this town make a living by trading construction materials such as bricks and sand, ope...Read their story >
- Construction SuppliesMadagascarPhillipe is the father of two. He is 42 and lives in the countryside with his family. To feed his family, he sells construction materials. He has had no problem finding pro...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanThis is Shakila, a married lady living in Gujranwala, Pakistan with her family. She is a hardworking lady and has been working as a tailor for many years. She is a professi...Read their story >
- Food MarketRwandaAbadahigwa Tcb is a group represented by Leoncie, who is 34 years old. The group name means “The Great People,” in English. The group members work hard, in order to improve...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Wendy Chamberlain, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,152 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.