Join Sarah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorMaricela studied until grade 5 of basic education. She is in a common law relationship and her partner works making bricks and raising cattle to sell the milk. Their childr...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaAlasan is a maize farmer from Madaki village. Alasan is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous input loan, Al...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- General StoreTimor-LesteMartinha is 32 years old and married with 3 children. She has a kiosk that she started in 2002, where many people come to buy goods every day. Running her business has made...Read their story >Funding via Kaebauk Investimentu no Finansas
- Food MarketHondurasMirna is 26 years old, married with two children. She lives with her husband and their children in a small village in the municipality of El Progreso, in the department of ...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- FarmingKenyaHello, Kiva community! Meet Peter, a smallholder farmer from a remote village in the Bomet area of Kenya. He’s a happily married farmer who has beautiful children who have ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Sarah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,158 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.