Join Sarah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaLewa is a 63-year-old married father with 10 children; two still attending school and eight grown-ups. He owns a grass touched roofed house in Boyani in the coastal area of...Read their story >Funding via Asante Kenya Foundation
- ServicesCambodiaHuon is a 46-year-old married farmer with two children who live in the Prey Veng province of Cambodia. She has been a farmer since 1996. One of her two children is a constr...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution Plc.
- Animal SalesKenyaAisha is a married woman and has four school-going children. She owns a house that has electricity but no piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is food and school fees...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- FarmingTajikistanThis is Oigul. She was born in 1975 in a farming family. She is married and has two children, a daughter, 8, and a son, 13 years old. Her husband deals in animal husbandry ...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- Internet CafeColombiaClaudia is a woman with good ideas and a creative mind. She is always trying to find ways to increase her family’s income.
She set up an internet cafe one year a...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Sarah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,195 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.