Join Sarah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesTanzaniaMfaume 35, is a green grocer and a hard working father of one child. He describes himself to be humble and patient. He operates a fruit stand, where he sells seasonal fruit...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- ComputersPalestineYehya, who appears in the photo, is a 22-year-old from a village near Hebron City in West Bank. He is a single man who lives with his parents and he is trying so hard to pr...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesMarlyn is aged 47, married to a farmer, and they're blessed with four children. She sells vegetables in their public market and earns a net income of PHP 2,000 weekly. She'...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran (ASKI)
- PigsVietnamMrs. Oanh is the Thai ethnic woman. She is living with her husband and her two daughters in Son La city, a subsidized unit of the province of Son La. Her family lives mainl...Read their story >Funding via M7 Microfinance Institution
- CerealsRwandaAbizeranye Ac is a group led by Esperence, who is 64 years old. She is married with seven children aged between 18 and 30 years old. The group name means “Trusted people” ...Read their story >Funding via Urwego Opportunity Bank
Kiva lenders, like Sarah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,566 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.