Join Sarah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsUgandaPatrick is a hardworking married man with seven children, six of whom attend school. He lives in Kamwenge, Uganda. He used his previous loan to mulch his coffee farm. He s...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- FarmingKenyaRoser is a responsible mother, committed to the future and the progress of her family. She is a woman who dedicates herself to practicing mixed farming (crop and dairy) in ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Food StallTanzaniaEsther is a married mother of two children who are still in school. She is in her mid forties and she works at her own food stall famously known as "Mama-Lishe" in Swahili....Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania Ltd
- General StoreSamoaPua is 57 years old and married with two children. She owns and operates a small store, selling a variety of items. She has been doing this for five years. Pua needs a loan...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- General StoreUgandaJohnson is 42 years old and lives in the town of Rokooki in the Kasese region of Uganda. He is married and has three children who are all currently in school. For the past ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Uganda
Kiva lenders, like Sarah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,772 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.