Join Sarah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaYoeur lives in a rural village of the Cheung Prey district of Kampong Cham province, Cambodia. She is 36 years old and married with four children, two of whom are still in ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- TransportationBoliviaLuis is 32 years old and single. He doesn't have children, but he takes care of his parents. He lives with them. He is the only person that makes money at his home.
<...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- Fuel/FirewoodKenyaRiziki is a married woman with three children, all of whom attend school. She lives at her own house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expe...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- AgricultureRwandaEzechiel is 49 years old and married with five children aged between 10 and 19 years. He is the president of the group Twitezimbere. In the photo taken, Ezechiel appears wi...Read their story >Funding via Vision Finance Company s.a. (VFC), a partner of World Vision International
- RickshawPalestineAshraf is a young man who lives in Dier Al-Balah Gaza strip. He earns a low income in the public sector.
As a result of high cost of living, he decided to open...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like Sarah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,952 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.