Join Sarah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaMwanasha is married and has been blessed with two school-going children. She owns a house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expenses are f...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- FoodKenyaBiyumbe is a married mother of eight children, seven of whom attend school while one is still too young for schooling. She owns a house that neither has electricity nor pip...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- TransportationPakistanRafia is a 43-year-old woman, living with her husband, three sons and one daughter in the area of Multan, Pakistan. Rafia’s husband is responsible for fulfilling the needs ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StoreKenyaMildred is 30 years old, happily married, and lives in Bungoma with her family. She earns her living as a shopkeeper and enjoys her work. She has run her shop for many year...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- AgricultureGeorgiaTengiz is 56 years old. He lives with his wife, 2 sons and daughter-in-law in Telavi, Kakheti region, East Georgia. Tengiz is very hard working man and he gets orders and m...Read their story >Funding via Credo
Kiva lenders, like Sarah , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,220 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.