Join Sarah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsMaliMariam is the one posing her hands on the bag of price in the photo. She lives in Mali with her farmer husband and their three children (two daughters and one son) whose ag...Read their story >
- LivestockTajikistanThis woman is Gulnarahon. She is a resident of the Tursun-zoda region. She is married with children. For more than 10 years, Gulnarahon has worked with livestock breeding. ...Read their story >
- Fish SellingColombiaJulio is an enterprising man whose profession is bricklaying. He is in a committed relationship and has a large family: five children aged 22, 21, 18, 17 and 13. They live ...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanAnam Sadaq is a female entrepreneur struggling to bring prosperity to her family. She is 25 years old and lives in a small house with 3 family members. She is a skilled wom...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueGabriel is a professor, he is 43 and he is married with 4 children, 2 of them in grade school. He is a homeowner.
He will use this loan to buy 20 bags of cement, 3 win...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sarah , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,525 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.