Join Sarah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesFor eighteen years, Leonora engaged in raising hogs for a living. She also farms rice for additional income. This is her means of earning a living for her four dependents w...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- AgricultureSamoaKitiana is a 53 year old mother with 4 children, she runs a small business of selling taro and banana in her village to earn a living. Kitiana requested for a loan to buy t...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- General StoreKenyaDavid is a married man. He operates a retail business where he sells electrical appliances, caps, pad locks, umbrellas and other items. He has been involved in this busines...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Personal Medical ExpensesArmeniaKaren is 38 years old and lives with his wife and three children in Sevan city of Gegharkunik region. Karen is a contractual military serviceman and also has a nice hobby c...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
- AgricultureSamoaUlalia is a 40 year old mother with 7 children, she runs a small business of selling taro and banana in her village to earn a living. Ulalia requested for a loan to buy tar...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
Kiva lenders, like Sarah , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,078 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.