Join Sarah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailTajikistanThis woman's name is Gavharoy. She has a husband and four children. Her eldest son works at a construction site, and her next eldest son is a taxi driver. Her daughters ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanMeet Rajabgul, a 52-year-old resident of the Vose district of Tajikistan. She is married, with three children. Her husband is not working at the moment and everything res...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaMoses is a happily married man who is 50 years old and married to a lady who is 43 years old. They are blessed with 8 children.His wife is a farmer and they support one ano...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesTanzaniaSitumai, who is in her early 40's, is married with five children. She has two sons and three daughters who are in primary school. She operates a food vending business famou...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesGuatemalaCatarina is a 40 year old woman. She is happily married with a beautiful family. They live in a community of the small village of Patzite.
In order to earn mone...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sarah , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,949 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.