Join Sarah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreVietnamMrs. Châu is 52 years old, and she is married with 2 children. She and her husband divorced a long time ago, and she has to work hard to help her children become mature.
Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution
- WeavingHondurasManuel is 34 years old, is single, and has three children. He lives with his children in a neighborhood near La Flecha, Santa Barbara. For eight years he has been working m...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaAnnas is a maize farmer from Tamba village. He is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous input loan, Annas e...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Food MarketSierra LeoneWarah is a 50-year-old business woman. She is married with three children ages 18, 14, and 12. Warah owns a cooked food business and has taken on complete responsibility of...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaAbdulmini is a maize farmer from Ang, Goma village. Abdulmini is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous input...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like Sarah , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,377 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.