Join Sara on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureHonduras41-year-old Jose is married and has three children. He lives with his family in a village near the town of Intibucá. He has worked in agriculture for 7 years, growing coffe...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaLydia has been a farmer for nine years. She is now proud to represent her group of nine farmers in Webuye District. She is 40 years old, is married and has five children.
Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaKasimu, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Karofi village. Kasimu is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and re...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMarly is a sari-sari (variety) store owner, where she sells a variety of goods. She is 59 years old and a married woman. She has six children; four are now adults and two o...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoGabriel, 23, is a single young man. He lives in his parents' house in Mexico City. He works as an analyst in a company in his city.
His health is not very good...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sara, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,506 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.