Join sandra on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- EmbroideryPakistanSafia is 39 years old and a married woman who lives with her family in an under-developed area of Gujranwala. Due to the bad financial condition of her family, she decided ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaStembo, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than twenty-five years, and is now proud to represent his group of fifteen farmers in Matete District. He is fifty-four y...Read their story >
- ClothingParaguayThe group is called Mujeres Emprendedoras (enterprising women), because that´s what they are. Each one of them has an independent goal and they help each other as a group t...Read their story >
- FarmingArmeniaLyuba is happy and very thankful for her first Kiva loan and great Kiva support. She lives in Ijevan city in the Tavush region.
Lyuba still helps her husband wi...Read their story >
- PigsCambodiaLiving in Siem Reap Province, Ny is 54 years old. She has eight children, two of whom are in school. To feed her big family, she raises pigs. Meanwhile, her husband works a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like sandra, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,985 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.