...Read their story >
Join Samia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Higher education costsKenyaCollins, who is seeking to become a CPA, is now in his fourth year of study toward a Bachelor of Commerce degree in Finance. He is requesting his second Kiva loan.
...Read their story >Funding via Digital Divide Data (DDD)
- Animal SalesTajikistanUmar is launching a new business at the gage of 54. He was born in the Vahdat region in the village of Mehrbakhsh. The climate and the natural conditions in the region are ...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Butcher ShopKenyaGeorge is a married man. He has four children. He describes himself as focused. He operates a butchery where he sells meat. He has been involved in this business for ten ye...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- General StorePhilippinesThree years ago, Genevive started a sari-sari (variety) store, selling various commodities such as noodles, canned goods, soft drinks, sugar, eggs, soap, and beverages. In...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- RetailNicaraguaMaritza del Socorro, 53 years old, is married with four children, all adults. She is from Chinandega, located in the west of the country. Maritza is a hard-working woman, r...Read their story >Funding via Fundación León 2000
Kiva lenders, like Samia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,171 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.