Join Samia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorSonia lives with her papa, her nieces and nephews, and a sister. She does not have dependents who are financially depending on her, but she does contribute money to cover h...Read their story >
- FarmingKenya“Nothing ever comes to one that is worth having, except as a result of hard work” says Evaline who started farming 18 years ago. She has gathered a lot skills and experien...Read their story >
- AgricultureKosovoZikica is a 49-year-old man who lives in the southern part of Kosovo. He comes from the Serb minority community and works in agriculture to make a living. He plants differe...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaToeum is 58 years old and a mother of one schoolchild. They are living in Preah Vihear province. To make a living, she earns income via growing rice and a cassava plantatio...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesRosemila is 25 years old and has three children. She earns a living by farming vegetables in the Philippines. Rosemila has requested to borrow PHP 13,000 through NWTF to b...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Samia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,533 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.