Join salvatore on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ClothingGuatemalaThe Pasaje la Felicidad Duo includes Catalina. She is now the owner of a new clothing business with her husband. She lives with her husband, 4 stepchildren, and their daugh...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Roselyne, who, as a group leader, is representing her group formed by 15 farmers in Webuye District, Kenya. Roselyne is known by her community as a very f...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaJosephine is 37 years old. She is married with 2 children. She has had a grocery business for 10 years.This is her seventh loan with VisionFund Kenya. She will be using...Read their story >
- Animal SalesPakistanKhursheed is a 50 year-old woman who lives with her spouse in the area of Muzzafargharh, Pakistan. Khursheed has five children. She has been raising calves as a source of i...Read their story >
- AgricultureTajikistanKhushbaht is 24 years old. He lives in the city with his family. He mainly works in agriculture and as a consultant on the cultivation of various types of fruit trees. K...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like salvatore, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,507 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.