Join salvatore on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaA married mother of four children, Chantha is 34 years old. She lives with her beloved family in a local village of Kang Meas district, Kampong Cham province. Two of her ch...Read their story >
- PrintingIndiaDipa, 44, resides in the Burdwan district of West Bengal. She has a household size of three people and a household monthly income of INR 7,800. She wants to expand her husb...Read their story >
- Internet CafeLebanonMoussa is a 21-year-old youth who is pursuing his education at a university and has managed to open his own internet cafe almost a year and a half in order to help his pare...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPilisikila is a smallholder farmer based in Kenyenya, Kenya, which is a town near the famous Lake Victoria (a major tourist attraction site in Africa). Pilisikila and her h...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaGranton is a married man. For two years now he has operated a business where he transports customers using his motorcycle. His enterprise is located in a good area, and his...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like salvatore, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,687 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.