<...Read their story >
Join Roxanne on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorArmando studied until the second grade in school. He is married and his wife does the domestic chores. He has 3 children living with him but they are working adults.
<...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingKenyaMichael is a hardworking man who has a huge heart for farming. In addition, he has the humility, honesty and wisdom that differentiate him from other farmers in the Kitale ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- RetailEl SalvadorSantos is a hardworking, 35-year old man. He is married and his children depend on him. Santos has been working for around 16 years in an informal business. He learned it f...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Animal SalesBoliviaGraciela is married and she is the proud mother of six kids, five of whom are adults already. She is the owner of the house where she lives but there is a lot of legal pape...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- FarmingEl SalvadorJose didn’t have the opportunity to go to school since he grew up in a family with limited economic resources. He is single and has no children. For almost his entire life,...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Roxanne, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,961 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.