Join Roland on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonTanzaniaSophia is in her mid 30s. She is married with two children who are in primary school by now. She works as a hairstylist and a cashier of her beauty salon, a business that s...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- CattleEl SalvadorRosa is 53 years old, widowed with 7 children the eldest of whom have left home.
Rosa has made a living from rearing livestock for many years. She learned this from h...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)49 year old Zaw is married, and a father of two independent children. He is third from the left in the picture and the other group members standing together with him are Ky...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- Food Production/SalesRwandaJacqueline is a 37-year-old married mother of two children. She is the leader of the Ubwizerane Group. In the photo, she is the woman who is showing a passbook. She owns a ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
- RetailLebanonMohammad is a 20-year-old single young man who opened, almost two years ago, an antiques and furniture shop to cover his needs and expenses.
He is a hard worker...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua
Kiva lenders, like Roland, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,138 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.