Join Rod on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockMaliYacouba is the man holding the cow's rope in the photo. He is an uneducated, 43-year-old Malian farmer. He is married to a housekeeper. He is the father of six children, ag...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- FishingCambodiaAged 33 years, Sina is married and lives with his family in a rural area located in the Sangkae district of Battambang province. He is the father of two children; one is st...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- AgricultureEl SalvadorJosé, age 49, went to school through the third grade. His parents had scarce financial resources, and they were not able to give him an education. He is single, but he ha...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Personal PurchasesUgandaGordon. 31 years of age, lives in the town of Masindi in Uganda. He has been working as a loans officer for five years at Centenary Bank, a job that entails multiple respon...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- General StoreParaguayEulalia has owned a convenience store for more than 9 years. She is 63 years old and is married to Agustin, with whom she has 5 adult children. Through many sacrifices, Eul...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
Kiva lenders, like Rod, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,257 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.