Guadalupe has worked with his father in farming since he w...Read their story >
Join Rod on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorGuadalupe is a 32-year-old man. He studied up to high school. He is single and lives with his parents.
Guadalupe has worked with his father in farming since he w...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- PigsPhilippinesConchita is 52 years old and married with four children.
She is in the agricultural business, raising pigs in the Philippines. Conchita requested a loan of 23,0...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- PigsPhilippinesGerardo always has the enthusiasm for business. He has made use of his backyard for hog raising in his hometown and it has yielded him good earnings.
Recently, ...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Fruits & VegetablesColombiaJuan, 43, is a micro-entrepreneur who lives in the capital of the country. He is father to three children and lives with his partner in a humble neighbourhood of the munici...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- CattleArmeniaMeet Seryozha! He is a 24-year-old farmer. Despite his young age, Seryozha runs his family farm. His parents and teenage brother, with whom Seryozha lives, always assist hi...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
Kiva lenders, like Rod, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,053 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.