Join Rod on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CafeTajikistanMeet Mukaram, a hardworking woman and the mother of three children. She is married, but her husband is currently working in Russia. For the past 17 years she has been sel...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesLoren is a single woman, 26 years old with one child. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Loren has a fishing business in the Philippines. Loren requested a PHP 5000 l...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesPhilippinesRosalie is a married woman, 41 years old. She has three children, all of whom are still in school. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Rosalie has a business...Read their story >
- Food StallEcuadorPaula is 66 years old. She is married and from this relationship she has three adult children. One of them still lives in her home. They live in the canton of Montecristi, ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaStanley is 36 years old, married to Viola, and blessed with four children.
He has been in farming for eight years and gets a monthly income of 21,000 KES. Apart ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rod, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,251 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.