Join Rod on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyArmeniaSatik, 45, is a farmer with many years of experience. She works in her home village kindergarten and loves her job. However, her salary is really low, so her main income co...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaMartha was born in 1972, and got married in 1988. She and her husband are blessed with eight children, and they support one another fully. Her husband is a businessman and ...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonDésiré is 37 and single. He has been a farmer for some years, and takes care of a plantation that he inherited from his parents. He requests a loan to pay for the labour fo...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaA rural villager living in Mondulkiri province’s Keo Seima district, Engsrei is aged 31 and married with two children. She is a farmer who has grown cassava and rubbers for...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaIsah is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer who lives in a modest mud house with his family in Rahama village. Previously, despite toiling for long hours on his farm, Is...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rod, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,793 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.