Join Rachel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorSalvador, 64, still uses all of his agriculture expertise to grow crops. Every 40 days he harvests cucumbers which gives him practically a monthly income. For 20 years he...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Used ClothingTanzaniaZaituni is a married mother of three schooling children.
She has worked at her own clothing store for 10 good years now. She normally runs her store from 6 am t...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania Ltd
- PigsPhilippinesAntonieta is 45 years old and has six children. Antonieta is married and has two children who are currently in school.
Antonieta is in the agricultural business,...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Personal Housing ExpensesIndiaThe lady standing to the extreme left hand side in the photograph is Chandrakanti. She is a married and differently abled lady and lives with her husband and three children...Read their story >Funding via People's Forum
- CattleEgyptMustafa is 35, married, and has three children. He has a small fattening project and is requesting a 6,000 EGP loan to buy a head of cattle to increase his sales of milk, c...Read their story >Funding via Together Association for Development and Environment
Kiva lenders, like Rachel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,905 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.