Winfriday operates a retail business where she sells bananas, tomatoes...Read their story >
Join Rachel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaWinfriday is a married woman. She has four children. She describes herself to be focused.
Winfriday operates a retail business where she sells bananas, tomatoes...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- RestaurantKenyaAnna is a married woman. She has three children. She describes herself to be honest. She operates a restaurant. Her business is located in a good area and her primary custo...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- General StoreKenyaThe person raising his hand in the photo is Gilbert, a member of Emitiot Interest Self Help Group. He is 33 years old and married, with three children. He joined Hand in Ha...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
- LivestockEcuadorJohn, 25, is happily married and he has a son Doménico, 3. His wife helps him work. For two years, he has been making a living raising calves for subsequent sale. Thus h...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorCarlos is single and has a five year old daughter whom he supports. He lives with his mother and cares for her.
Carlos works as an orderly in a city hospital and...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Rachel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,542 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.