Join Rachel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEgyptDaniel is 23, single, and is financially responsible for his aging father and younger siblings. Daniel has a small clothing project and is requesting 7000 EGP to buy clothi...Read their story >Funding via Together Association for Development and Environment
- BlacksmithPakistanShakeela is a 42-year-old married woman, living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. She is the mother of two children and is equally responsible for all of them. She belon...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingHondurasJose is 46 years old, single, and lives alone in one of the towns in the municipality of San Luis, Santa Bárbara. He makes a living producing coffee. Before, he only farmed...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- Soft DrinksPalestineMohammed is 24 years old and from Rafah, Gaza Strip. This young man does not like to feel powerless. At the age of 21, he opened his own business, and it has been very ...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- CerealsKenyaWilberforce is a single man. He describes himself to be responsible. He operates a posho (cornmeal) mill where he sells flour and cereals. He has been involved in this busi...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Rachel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,951 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.