Join Rachel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesPakistanDay by day increasing expenditures compelled Safia to initiate her own business selling animals. She is a 46-year-old married woman who has been doing business with the hel...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Food Production/SalesGuatemalaGloria is a 45-year-old woman. She lives with her 3-year-old son. For 17 years, she has earned a living selling lunches. She helps her husband, with the income that her sal...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- FarmingPeruAlicia belongs to “REYNA DE LOS ANGELES DE URQUILLOS” communal bank. It is located in Huayllabamba district, Urubamba province, department of Cusco.
...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- LivestockMexicoGabriela is 30 years old and has lived in an open union for 12 years with Fidel. Together they have formed a family with four children, who are studying in school.
Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Mexico
- PropertyUgandaJoan is a 40-year-old client, and married with six children, four of whom are still attending school. She operates a catering service around Kasoroza, a Rukungiri town out...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance
Kiva lenders, like Rachel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,424 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.