Join Rachel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonLebanonFatmeh is 27 year old Lebanese single woman who lives with her parents. Her father is the main income provider in the family, he works hard to fulfill his family needs, but...Read their story >Funding via Vitas. s.a.l.
- General StoreRwandaGratien is 42 years old. He is married and has three children, aged between 3 and 12 years old. He owns a general store business which is open from 6am until 9pm daily, ex...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorJosé lives with his beautiful family, made of his aunt and cousins, with whom he has shared life from childhood. He is currently single. He works selling fruits and vegetab...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- TaxiArmeniaAleksan, a married taxi driver from Kapan town, is a father of three. Aleksan operates a taxi business. He provides a taxi driver service in his hometown and has many clien...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- FoodPhilippinesHedilisa, 52, is a woman with four children, one of whom is still in school. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
Hedilisa has a business buying and selling...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Rachel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,648 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.