Join Rachel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesNelia is a businesswoman who earns through retailing various items. She is a full-fledged member of PMPC and enjoys the benefits of insurances and financial assistance. Rec...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- CraftsPakistanNAZEERAN is the age of fifty six and living along with her spouse and seven children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. She runs a small business at home with the help of her...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Personal Products SalesKenyaEsther is a happily married lady aged 24 years. She is married to Murimi and they are blessed with 2 children. Her husband is a civil servant and she is a business lady and...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Education providerArmeniaMeet Garnik, a 55-year-old boxing trainer from Gyumri town.
He rents a sports hall where he trains several groups of boxers. The groups are formed by age criter...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- BakeryEl SalvadorWalter lives with his parents and his siblings. He is single and has no children.
Walter is a hardworking young man. He has his own business with which he has ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Rachel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,089 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.