Join RISE Strategic on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockMaliAdiarra is 36 years old and from Mali. She is married and the mother of seven children, two of whom go to school. Her children range in age from 6 to 18 years old. Adiarra ...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaYahaya is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer from Jalawa village. Yahaya lives in a modest mud house with his family.
Previously, despite toiling for long h...Read their story >
- RetailTajikistanDilafruz is a hardworking woman. She was born in 1976 and she lives in Yavan. She is married with three children. Her husband's income is not high, so she is the main bread...Read their story >
- General StoreMozambiqueMr. Simão is 55 years old, married, and lives in his own house. He is the father of 7 children; three of the children live with him, of which 2 go to primary school and one...Read their story >
- AgricultureTajikistanMavludakhon is from the district of Shahrituz. She is 55 years old. She is married and has three children.
Mavludakhon is a farmer. She has been working in this ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like RISE Strategic, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,669 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.