Join RISE Strategic on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreKenyaBenard, 31, is happily married and blessed with one child. His wife is employed, and they support one another. He is a shopkeeper who sells soft drinks among other food stu...Read their story >
- General StoreSolomon IslandsTheresa is 54 years old and is married with six children and lives in a rural community in Honiara, capital of Solomon Island.
She owns and operates a general s...Read their story >
- Recycled MaterialsKosovoAvni is 50 year old hardworking man who comes from the Ashkali minority community. He works on his own where he furnishes grocery stores with various good in his town. For ...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesRwandaUbumwe Cb is a group applying for a 4,800,000 RWF loan through Kiva's field partner Urwego to be apportioned among its twenty members. The group’s name means “The United” i...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaRea’s Group lives in a rural village in Kampong Speu Province in Cambodia. Rea makes a living cultivating rice and works as a factory worker to support her family.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like RISE Strategic, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,658 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.