Join jo-hanna on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesSamoaFaagagalo is a 34-year-old married woman with 6 children. She makes and sells banana chips in her community to earn a living. She has 2 years of experience with this busine...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreCambodiaSonghai is 51 years old and is a married woman, with three children. She is selling soft drinks and has a grocery. She and her husband is also running another business (pla...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanThis wonderful woman is Tahmina. She is a kind person. Tahmina is 35 years old, married, and has several children. Her husband works the land.
Tahmina works har...Read their story >
- AgricultureArmeniaLusine, a hardworking and enthusiastic farmer, is occupied with agricultural activities. She runs a mixed farm that she founded with the help of her husband Garik (left in ...Read their story >
- Food MarketSamoaMaimau is a 61-year-old married woman with six children. She runs a small canteen in her community to earn a living. She has five years of experience with this business.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like jo-hanna, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,609 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.