Join Philipp on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaKisokoni is a 55-year-old proud father of 11 children. He is a group leader, often described as a very friendly person, and is representing his group of 13 farmers in Matet...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaHello Kiva community,
Meet this enterprising woman, Jackline, who resides in Litein. She is married and blessed with children. She is a smallholder farmer focusi...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaGastine is 43 years old and has 8 children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by nine farmers in Matete District, Kenya.
Gastine has be...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJane is a polite, devoted, responsible, and hardworking person. She raises animals and horticultural crops, which is work she began from economic necessity. Jane has practi...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamTâm is 56 years old and married with two children.
Tâm lives in Thach Thanh district, a mountain town in Thanh Hoa province. She has worked in agriculture, raisi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Philipp, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,686 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.