Join Philipp on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food StallPhilippinesChristine Mary is glad that she no longer has to worry about where to get funds to run her food stall because Center for Community Transformation (CCT) was able to approve ...Read their story >Funding via Center for Community Transformation Credit Cooperative, a partner of HOPE International
- Food Production/SalesLebanonFatima is a 62-year-old married mother of five. Ten years ago, she started preparing and selling 'mouneh' and baking 'markouk', which is a type of unleavened flatbread bake...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- AgricultureUgandaPeter is the father of six children. He deals in growing, buying and selling cocoa, as well as selling other foods such as maize, cassava and beans to earn more income for ...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesGina is a member in good standing of Paglaum MPC where she access the needed capital of her food business. She makes palatable snacks and other food products that she deliv...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Wedding ExpensesTajikistanSharofat is a kind woman with a simple soul. She is 47 and works in retail at the city's central bazaar. She lost her husband and raised her two children on her own. Sha...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
Kiva lenders, like Philipp, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,477 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.