Alice has been far...Read their story >
Join Philipp on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaAlice is 45 years old and has 5 children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 10 farmers in Chwele District, Kenya.
Alice has been far...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- CraftsMexicoJesus is an artisan from Mexico who specializes in iron wall art. He would like to invest in a purchase of sheet metal and paint, as well as bring on additional artisans at...Read their story >Funding via Novica
- Primary/secondary school costsLebanonHasan is a 42-year-old married father of three children. He is acquiring this loan to pay for his children's school tuition fees. The loan is part of Al Majmoua's Back to S...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua
- Education providerArmeniaEmma is 58 years old and lives alone in Ddmashen village of the Gegharkunik region. She studied education and since 1986, she has worked at a school as a teacher of Armenia...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
- General StorePhilippinesLuzminda is 57 years old and married with eight children, seven of whom are in school. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the P...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Philipp, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,928 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.