Join Philipp on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesParaguayThis group of women from Ciudad del Este is participating in the poverty elimination program. They are seeking to achieve a better quality of life, not only for themselves...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)Yone Taw-N is a village located in Myingyan township. This village has 210 households. Trading goods, farming and raising livestock are the main sources of the villagers' i...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- LivestockMaliAlberique is the man with his hand on the sheep. He is 58, has two wives, and is the father of 13 children between the ages of 6 and 18. Six of his children go to school. <...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- FarmingKenyaJacob is 55 years old and has 6 children. He is a group leader and is representing his group formed by 13 farmers in Matete District, Kenya.
Jacob has been farm...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- FarmingKenyaCharles is 52 years old, married, and blessed with five children.
His spouse supports him in generating income. This is his third loan with VisionFund Kenya; he ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
Kiva lenders, like Philipp, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,172 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.